Chapter - 31

Hello Fam :)

A/N: - There would be another update before the end of the day if I get at least half an hour's time in between my lab. :P

Happy Reading...

Nandini had returned from a meeting when she saw she had a call from the reception. "Sara, you called?"

"Nandini, Vishal is here to meet you. I asked him to wait", said the receptionist.

"Why? Send him in", she told.

Minutes later, Vishal came in with a wave of his hand before awkwardly dropping it. She rolled her eyes at the familiar gesture. "Sorry, ma'am."

"It's still Nandini, Vishal. Come, take a seat", she told.

"But you are the CEO now."

"Do you think I care about that?"

"Definitely not", he said, grinning.

Nandini called for coffees for both of them. "How am I this lucky for gracing my office with your presence?"

"I just wanted to meet the CEO of Murthy Industries. We have waited years for you to take over. It's sad that I am not part of the company but I am equally happy to see a capable person leading the company", he said.

Nandini nodded and tapped fingers on her table. They were interrupted when the coffees came. "I hate that you aren't part of the company. Vishal, if you don't mind, can I ask you the reason to leave the company? Priya told me that no one is aware of it. You aren't obliged to answer. Actually, I wasn't expecting many people to stick by but you were the last person I thought would leave."

"I am sorry, Nandini."

"Hey, I am not blaming you. I know my parents and they can test your patience sometimes."

Vishal gave a sad smile before sipping his coffee. "The last time I talked to you, you told me you were going to London for your MBA. I thought I would have to wait for two years for you to take over and since you were supposed to be in London, there was no one to monitor their activities. They threw unwanted parties, fine, but the standards of the company were going down because of Murthy Industries' affiliations. Nandini, a year later we were told that you weren't interested to take over the company but I didn't believe them. I wanted to wait for you to confirm with us.

"Around that time, Murthy Industries got an opportunity with some reputed MNC but they had some requirements. To fulfill them, a board meeting was set up and I was asked to attend them. Your dad had signed some desperate contracts without thinking about the consequences. I was working on the technicalities of the deal with the MNC. After the meeting, your dad told me to hack the MNC's website and get the contracts if everything fails. It would have been put them in jail but the company would have been closed too. I know what the company means to you but I believed them on that day that you have nothing to do with us. I didn't want to work for them anymore. Hence, I had to quit."

"Okay", she told. Seriously, she didn't know what she would have done if something happens to Murthy Industries while they had her life under their control. "Why didn't you keep in contact with anyone in here?"

"While I was leaving, to cancel the MNC contract, I had hacked the websites and emails of these local contracts. It had caused a loss to Murthy Industries and I know everyone might have suffered. I couldn't stay with the guilt and had to cut ties with everyone."

"You know, you are being dramatic?", teased Nandini. "They would understand you, Vishal. Many weren't happy with them. But you did something that would hurt them and it was brave."