Chapter - 30

Hello Fam :)

Happy Independence Day. This day today let's be thankful that we have food, a place to sleep, electricity, and the internet to learn anything. This day let's pray for those who are struggling for these basic necessities.

A/N: What's wrong with you people? You guys make my life so difficult. Have you seen the response in the last chapter? There were around 740 comments on a single chapter? Seriously itna kaun karta hai? I thought I would reply to every comment because I was free during that time but then I lost count after reaching a certain point. (Don't worry I read every  comment.) Do you know what that means? Either you are fond of the revolver that Nyonika gifted Nandini or the cheeseburgers Manik made for her. So dangerous you people are. :P

Warning: This chapter is all about Nandini. And a version of Manik we all can connect to. ;)

It was one week already and Nandini didn't even realize where the time went by. To be honest, she was enjoying her work. But there were some loopholes inside the company too and she needed her best guy to work with her. "Who has replaced Vishal in the tech department?", she asked her assistant Priya.

"Sagar, Sagar Chawla."

"How good is he as compared to Vishal?", asked Nandini even though she knew the reason.

"He is good but no one can be as good as Vishal."

Nandini nodded. It was the fact. "Why did he leave the company?"

"We don't know, Nandini. But there was a meeting with all the board members where he was asked to attend. He was furious after the meeting. No one knew what happened and suddenly he gave his resignation. After he left, Murthy Industries had lost a few contracts, and Mr. Murthy had screamed to everyone that he was a traitor who wants Murthy Industries to fall down. He never replied to any of us when we tried to contact him again", told Priya.

Except he didn't ignore her when she met him after all these years. "My parents never realized they shouldn't mess with that guy. He was capable of bringing down any company", she muttered. Maybe she could talk with Manik and ask about their tech department to help her with the work she had in mind.

"Nandini, the board wanted a meeting with you", informed Priya.

She chuckled. Yeah, she was expecting that. "Already? I thought they would at least wait for a month." After her grandfather, her parents had replaced their previous board members with the people of their choices and she didn't trust the people who were friends with her parents. If she wasn't wrong, they wouldn't be too fond of her either.

"Set up the meeting for tomorrow. I need to meet someone before", said Nandini. "And Priya, send a formal invitation to Malhotra Industries. I will anyway talk to them at home."

After lunch, she went to the part of the city she hadn't visited for some fifteen years. After her grandparents, their mansion was converted into a public library and she didn't want to see other people overshadow her memories with them. His lawyer, the one who also helped Manik with everything, was waiting for her when she went there. "Neeraj uncle, how are you?", she asked. This was the person who had protected her grandfather's Will all these years, not to forget one of the few people who has known her since her birth.

"I am fine, Nandini. How are you? How is your married life?", he asked but there was a frown on his head.

"You don't look so happy about that question", she asked.

"I am not happy about the circumstances under which you got married", he muttered. "Come with me." He dragged her to the other side of the mansion where her grandparents used to live. Nandini had a room of her own for whenever she stayed there. They went to the study room. She was reminded of the number of times she had come to this room as a kid. The lawyer locked the room and pulled Nandini to a chair, taking a seat beside her. "Nandini, are you happy? That Malhotra kid, is he taking good care of you? Tell me honestly. You have the company in your hands now. I will get the divorce papers ready in no time if there's any problem."