Chapter 17

A month later

GENS POV

Me and chubs got a lot closer, and me and Liam saw each other less and less. Liam wasn't making it back to the cabin in time anymore to take zu to cubbies so I had to.

It was frustrating. I knew he was trying, but I felt like he was trying to take longer shifts more and more. He was never in the cabin. Every time I would walk into the cabin he would leave. I felt like he was ignoring me.

It all started a few days after we arrived. He threw himself into work, and when I would check the shift signup sheets, he was always signed up as much as he could.

I didn't get it, and I couldn't ever see him. I asked Clancy if I could have the middle of the day off today, and he agreed. He said if I ever needed days off I could take them off.

I thanked him and ran out of his office. I knew I would be board all day waiting on liam and I really stank. Like bad.

I was going to stop by the springs first then I was going to head to the showers and wash up. I could heat up the water and take like a bath and take my time in the water and then I would go the the showers and soap up.

I walked past the pond, and headed straight to the clear natural springs. They were nice and clear obviously and looked like it was straight out of heaven.

As soon as I got to the spring I hopped in the water. They gave us old bathing suits when we got here,so when I got in the water I changed. I didn't want to change in the open since there were the guards and I didn't want anyone seeing me.

I threw my clothes onto the decks sun stayed in a shallow area. I couldn't swim. I was going to learn as a birthday present, but the disease happened and there was no point it learning.

I overheard my parents talking about it one night. My mom was saying how if I survived and when life went back to normal, I would know how. But my dad was saying how I had little chance and it wasn't worth the extra money.

I obviously never learned. It was too stressful. On the weekends when me and Clancy didn't work together, I would go to the pond and try to teach myself to swim. I would get to nervous, I would panic, and come back to the shallow end.

That's how it would go. I couldn't ever get past my tippy toes. I wanted to learn but I was scared and I didn't have anyone to help me learn. I didn't have Liam.

After 20 minutes of being in the water just soaking I walked to the outhouses soaking wet. I arrived and washed my hair and body really quickly, I threw on my clothes and started to walk out of the bathroom.

As soon as I rounded the corner of the bathroom I ran into someone and fell to the ground. I heard them fall and I tried to regain my vision.

I heard them laugh. "Sorry darlin'." I heard Liam say. I smiled to myself and took the hand he had out to help me up. As soon as I was on my feet he started talking again.

"I'm so sorry, i don't think we have had the time to meet, I'm Liam." He said with a smile in his face. As soon as he said that my heart dropped.

I couldn't breathe, i threw up in my mouth a little. Is this real? I was staring to hyperventilate, and panic. How could you be so stupid, you did it.

I felt tears in my eyes and my stomach was turning. I turned away from Liam and put my face in my towel. You did it again. You took Liams memories of you.

You took Liams memories this time. Their is no going back to what you were. How could you do this. Was all that was going through my head.