Chapter 17

Modern

"Morning, mom." I greeted her when I saw her reading something on her iPad while having her breakfast.

"Good morning. I heard you got a job?" Sabi niya at tinabi ang iPad.

I know that she will support my decision pero hindi ko sinabi sa kanya because I didn't want her to persuade me to change my mind. I know that she'd rather have me working in our company.

"I see kuya told you already but yeah, I got accepted." I carefully said.

She sighed. "No chances of you working at HHRC? Hindi ka naman namin bibigyan ng special treatment."

"And the employees won't? Especially if they've found out my identity. I don't like that, mom."

She slowly nodded, a sign that she's letting me off the hook.

Mabilis kong tinapos ang breakfast ko at nagpaalam nang aalis.

Today will be my 1st day working at Nexus. I was so thrilled when I received a message saying that I passed the interview and I am now a probationary employee of Nexus.

I wasn't expecting it to be too soon, akala ko magkakaroon pa ako ng isa pang interview bago sila mag-decide pero syempre, magrereklamo pa ba ako? Natanggap nanga.

Saktong Monday ang simula ng trabaho ko. Last Friday, I already signed my contract with them. It was a smooth process at wala naman akong nakitang problema o anything suspicious sa contract. Everything included there, even my job description was explained to me carefully before I finally signed the document.

Like before, I made my way to the right floor at sinalubong kaagad ni Nixie.

"Good morning, Alizah Hernandez. A warm welcome to you for joining the Nexus fam. Good luck on your first day!"

Napaka-thoughtful naman ng virtual assistant na ito. It was a good idea that it was placed in the front door dahil kahit na minsan, pakiramdam ko binobola lang niya ako ay napapangiti parin sa huli.

Nixie also told me to find Brenna, iyong nag-assist sa akin noong nag contract signing ako. The screen also showed me where her table is located.

My heart was pounding hard because of feeling nervous and excited at the same time. I'm excited to meet new people and to start this journey of my life but at the same time, nervous at the thought of 'will they like me?'. Paano kung hindi ko pala sila makakasundo?

Dati sa university kapag may mga bago akong nakikilala I didn't need to worry if they'll like me or not. They will. That's a given because they are mostly acquaintances of my existing friends and they trust my friends for that.

This time around, it's a completely new environment. Wala ang mga kaibigan ko to back me up. What if they turn out to be like my high school classmates? Or worst, what if may dati pala akong kaklase na dito nagtratrabaho ngayon?