Chapter 35

Closer

Inillayo ko ang phone ko sa aking mukha nang marinig ang tili ni Kenzie.

Tinawagan ko siya dahil ang daming gumugulo sa isip ko. I'm one that needs to take time to process my thoughts because I feel a lot of emotions, I take in a lot of words.

"This is sick!" She said with a big smile. "Actually, I already had a hunch that this will happen when Luke told me you two reunited."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her. I'm thankful that she agreed to my call even though it's almost midnight already in Australia.

I needed someone to talk to and I couldn't think of anyone else except her. She's my best friend, she gets me, so I'm comfortable sharing my insecurities with her.

"Did you ask him how his feelings for you developed?" She asked.

"He said it's because he forgot that we were friends."

Her brows immediately furrowed so I quickly added my explanation.

"I also thought he was joking but he did say that he had this familiarity when we met again and then after Luke spilled the tea, he thought it's because he felt guilty for forgetting about me and the hackathon event that's why he was helping me a lot. Little did he know, he started to care for me, and he said that he didn't even realize that he talked a lot about me with his friends. It was his friends who pointed that out and made him realize his true feelings."

Her smile widened again as if teasing me. "Are you defending him or what?"

"What? No! That's really what he said!" I quickly answered.

"So, what's troubling you?" She followed up.

I chuckled. See? She knows me well.

"I don't know... I think I'm... confused and scared?" I admitted.

"But you like him too, don't you?"

I bit my lower lip and slowly nodded.

"If you really like him, give it a chance. Don't focus too much on your worries and just go for it." She smiled. "It's the only way to know if you two are meant to be and I'm really hoping that he's the one for you. I can see how much you admire him."

My eyes widened. "You're kidding, right? How could you tell?"

"Your eyes shimmer and you blush whenever you talk about him and the things he does for you."

"No way, Kenzie!" I protested.

"Yes way, Aly. You're so whipped!" She said ecstatically.

My eyes widened again. "Whipped!?" My jaw dropped. "Watch your words, Kenzie! I'm not."

She laughed out loud, enjoying the tease while I felt so flustered.

"But seriously though, I'm happy for you and if you need to talk to me, just send me a chat! You know I'd always reply even though it's late right?

We chatted a lot more about life and other things. I could put my mind out when talking to her, it feels liberating and it makes my heart feel lighter.

Aside from giving me advice, she really enjoyed teasing me too so I think she also had a great time catching up with me.

We talked and laughed a lot that night and I felt like all my worries disappeared and my problems seemed to not be that big of a deal anymore.

From Caden, 09:30 AM

Marvel or DC?

Hindi ko napigilang mapangiti at mapailing nang makita ang mensahe. Although I did not give him a direct answer when he confessed, we agreed to start asking each other personal questions to get to know each other more. I just did not expect that he'd be asking random questions too.