Bonus Chapter 2: Valentine's Day

Oh, Valentine's Day. The most romantic holiday which every couple celebrates their love for each other. The single people on this either do one of two things: Find a date and take them out...

Or suffer alone and hate every happy couple insight. 

Marinette Dupain-Chang was not going to deal with the ladder this year. This year, in her second year of college, she has an amazing boyfriend named Adrien. He was her high school sweetheart. 

This year, this day, Marinette will finally be happy.

***

"Sorry, Marinette. That's the day before my exam. We can't really do much on that day. I hope you understand," sweetly and carefully apologized Adrien. 

"Oh, it's okay. I totally understand," replied Marinette. 

But inside Marinette was thinking ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OUT OF ALL THE DAYS?! WHYYY!? WHYYYY OH CRUEL WORLD!? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THI-I-I-I-II-I-ISSS!

Adrien patted her head and smiled at the short girl. "But I promise to do something extra special for us when we can meet."

Marinette sighed and mirrored his smile. She rolled her eyes up and looked through her bangs at the blonde man in front of her. "Well, since you put it that way, I guess I can't be too disappointed."

Adrien relaxed his arm and touched her hand. "I'll make it up to you." He checked his watch and noticed the time. "Oh, okay. I gotta go to class." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead quickly before darting away. "See ya, Marinette!"

"See ya!" 

***

It was Valentine's Day and Marinette finished up her classes for the day and decided to head back to her dorm room to wallow in self-pity. She rushed over to her room and opened the door. To her surprise, there was a pink notepad paper on her desk next to a little black cat plushie. "Huh?" she said out loud. She approached the desk and picked up the paper to read it. It smelled of Adrien's cologne and she began to smile. The note read: 

           "Dear Marinette,

How's about you go on a little adventure for me? Keep you distracted until I am ready to spend time with you? Head to the campus library and find the thing most dear. Don't forget the cat.

                                                                                                   <3 Adrien Agreste"

Marinette giggled and quickly grabbed the cat and rushed to the library. When she arrived, she couldn't find Adrien. "Uh, what could that clue mean?" asked Marinette.

Suddenly, Alya popped up out of nowhere behind a bookshelf. She was dressed in a deer onesie. "You found me!"

Marinette gasped and looked at her up and down. "Oh...!" she said and she winced. Her voice got lower as she said, "Oh..., I get it. A pun." 

Alya laughed and hugged her friend. "Sure is. You deserve a rose, my fair maiden--"

"Did Adrien tell you to say that?" asked Marinette quickly with a bland tone.

"Yes, he did," answered Alya with the same energy as Marinette. Alya handed the rose to her friend and said, "Now you must go to the school cafeteria and grab some food."

Marinette laughed. "Alya, this is really cheesy and forced. Please just tell me what's going on."

Alya laughed with her and flicked her forward. Marinette whined and covered her wound spot. Alya put her hands on her hips. "Don't ruin the fun. There was a lot planned for this. Be grateful."

Marinette pouted. "Okay, I'm sorry. You know how impatient I am."

"I know," said the deer friend. She turned her around and gave her a shove. "Now, hurry and go to the cafeteria as I said."

***

Marinette went all over the school campus. The cafeteria, the gym, the quad, the rec center, and finally the last spot (or so he said): the auditorium. She walked up with her basket of food, a box of chocolates, a new velvet jacket, and a mystery present. She was out of breath by the time she reached the top of the stairs. Burst through the big heavy doors and screamed at the top of her lungs, "ADRIEN AGRESTE IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, THIS BETTER BE THE LAST STOP OR I WILL KILL YO--huh?"

She was silenced by the sight of Adrien in a black tuxedo with a fedora standing in the middle of the stage. There was a giant background painting of a starry night behind him and there was a huge projector hanging above him lightening up the stage with more stars of various colors. To his right was a table set up for two and to his left was a megaphone in his hands. He raised it to his mouth and spoke clearly, "Thank you for joining, Mrs. Dupain-Chang. I hope your adventure was fun."

Marinette dropped everything in his arms and sprinted over to him and jumped him. She tackled him down to the ground and pinned him. "You made me run around when I could have just met you up here?!" 

Adrien's hair was pushed back and his cheeks were pink as he stared up at Marinette. His eyes were wide from fear but then they relaxed and he smirked. "I take it you didn't like my cute gifts?"

Marinette blushed and crossed her arms. "... I did like the gifts you gave me. I just really wanted you to be with me on this day."

Adrien laughed. "I was with your dummy." He pulled out his phone and showed the live recording of them being pinned on stage. He explained, "I put a camera in the black cat. I was with you every step of the way as I set up our date." 

Marinette gasped and hugged herself. "Does... Does... does that mean...?"

Adrien blinked. "Does what mean?"

"You saw me use the restroom before I got here?" asked Marinette, feeling violated.

Adrien blushed and looked away. He lied, "I lost connection at some point so I have no idea what you are talking about." I did not think that part through. Luckily, I looked away in time. 

Marinette screamed and whined for a while until she finally calmed down from Adrien's sudden kiss. She relaxed and hugged him close to her. Adrien pulled away to catch his breath and stared into her blue eyes. "Happy Valentine's Day, my Marinette."

Marinette giggled and echoed, "Happy Valentine's Da--" she stopped. "Wait, what about your exam tomorrow? Don't you have to study?"

Adrien laughed. "I lied about that so I can surprise you. I wanted to plan something big for you since Alya told me this would be your first Valentine's Day with someone other than her or your family." He undid her ponytail and rolled the hair tie on his wrist. He fixed her hair and smiled tenderly. "Did you know? This is my first Valentine's Day too?"

Marinette's heart jumped and she gulped down the pain. She cried in front of him and smiled widely. "I love you so much! I love you, Adrien! I'm so lucky to have you."

Adrien chuckled and leaned forward again. He smirked. "I'm lucky to be yours. Your Valentine."

Their date was a hit. Marinette brought the food and Adrien provided the movie and tv. They spent the night cuddling under the star lights and whispering sweet nothings into each other's ear. The night couldn't have been more perfect.

Actually, it got more perfect. They had sex.