Adriennette/Marichat: Be my Ladybug part 1

Author Notes: An AU where Adrien is adopted by Master Fu after his parents were killed in a fire when he was young.

Chat Noir. Solo hero for the city of Paris! Dashing smile, vibrant green eyes, and blonde beautiful hair. He was an idol. All the girls adored him... Except one. Marinette Dupain-Cheng. There was something about him that annoyed her. He was very cocky and as graceful as a one-legged chicken. He would do anything for the spotlight. "Can his head get any bigger?" asked the bluenette to herself as she watched him on tv speaking in front of the camera about how he rescued a hostage from a bank robbery. "He's always causing trouble with his stupid cata-cata-cyclone thingy! He does more harm than good!"

Sabine, Marinette's mother, shook her head at her daughter as she was cutting vegetables. She smiled and gently corrected, "Cataclysm, dear. And he can't help it. He's probably still learning."

"Mom, can I change the channel now!? Jagged Stone is doing a live."

"Okay, just as long as you help me with dinner."

****

Chat Noir made it home and snuck into his room. "Claws in," he whispered. He transformed back into his regular self. Adrien Agreste. Smart, pretty boy that went to school with Marinette and tried to stay on the down-low.

"Adrien," said a gentle voice from behind him.

Adrien turned around quickly and found his guardian standing in front of him. "Master Fu!"

Master Fu used his cane to whack Adrien in the leg. "You were sloppy out there. You keep forgetting to focus your special attacks so they don't get out of control."

Adrien bowed his head. "Forgive me, Master. It won't happen again."

The old man nodded. "As penance, do 100 push-ups, 100 pull-ups, 10-minute planks and 100 upside down curl-ups before you come for dinner. Tonight we are having fried rice with smoked salmon!" The old man giggled with glee.

Adrien hesitated but asked anyway. "Master, actually after my penance routine, I was invited to Marinette's house for dinner. May I go?"

Master Fu was silent for a moment but then he snickered and stroked his beard softly. His smirk made Adrien beet red like the boy knew where this was going. "Aww, so it's a date?"

Adrien turned redder. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SAY IT LIKE THAT?!"

"And why must you always avoid my questions about you two? You two are very cute together and you have been dating for two months now. Can't your beloved godfather tease you a little?"

"No!"

"200 push ups, 200--"

"Okay okay! I'm sorry! I'll do it now!" Adrien ran to the dojo room and started.

Master Fu laughed to himself as he went to the kitchen.

***

Adrien Agreste. When he was young he lost his parents in a fire and was adopted by Master Fu, his Godfather, chosen by his mother. When he turned 12 he was told the truth about his parents being the wielders of the peacock and butterfly. Master Wu sensed the same aura from Adrien and knew he would he the next owner of a miraculous. The Black Ring chose him and from that day forth, he trained and trained for 2 years to be the Chat Noir everyone knows today.

As Adrien finished up his last set of upside-down curl-ups, he flashbacked to the days he lost his parents and became a superhero.

Suddenly his phone rang and he picked it up while still upside down. "Hey, Marinette!"