ONE

"There is no heart for me like yours." - Maya Angelou

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee mix with a clean, yeasty and slightly sweet smell of freshly baked bread surrounds the warmth ambience inside the Avenue Cafe. The oddly satisfying click-clack sound of workers walking around as well as the faint chatters among the customers adding to the relaxing atmosphere of the cafe, creates an impression that everyone is in a good mood as smiles and laughters could be heard inside.

But despite all the happy vibes that could be felt inside the cafe, there is one person who seems to be grim, downcast and troubled; overall radiating a melancholy vibe as he observe the all the people inside the vicinity.

Why does everyone around me seems so happy?

How can they laugh and smile all the time as if they are free from problems.

If ever there is slight chances that I could reset my life or switch up my life with theirs, will I be able to smile like they do? Will I not feel alone anymore? Can I finally able to experience what it feels like to be love?

A deep sigh can be heard from the young man who has been wiping the table for quite some time without realizing it.

"The table couldn't be more cleaner than it is now, people might believe that it is brand new." A voice speaks up beside the young man, successfully pulling him out of his dreadful thoughts. Seeing that there is no reply coming from the young man, the person who spoke earlier sigh and make move to drap his arm over the young man shoulders.

"Are you okay? What's troubling you so much?" Hearing the clear worry and sincere questions, the young man smiles genuinely, mind temporarily clear from his worry and quick to assure the other party that he is fine. Still feeling sceptical with the answer given, the man decided to let it go and not asked further but instead proceed to give the clearly troubled young man a comforting hug hoping that it somehow could ease up his worry. Melting into the hug, the young man smiles wider showing his dimples, feeling light-hearted he utter "Thanks Asahi. Thank you so much."

"Hey, that's my boyfriend you're hugging there." Another man suddenly come into view.

"Seriously babe?" Asahi speaks with a bored expression. "I ain't stealing your man Jaehyuk-ah."

Jaehyuk just chuckle and said "Good to know. Now come on, give me a hug too hyung, cause Asahi and me is like those buy-one-free-one package you know that, so come here." Hearing that, the young man heart is filled with more warmth and love for this is the closest and possibly the only people he could feel cared with. Wrapping his arms tight around Jaehyuk's torso, the young man enjoy the hug as the male sway their body. Asahi smiles at the adorable sight and speak further. "Hyunsuk hyung, you could go home now okay. Your shift is almost over anyway so im excusing you so that you could rest early tonight." The young man, Hyunsuk nodded still not letting go from the hug. Just a little while more. Let me feel happy just a little bit more. He thought. "And make sure to eat first okay. You know what happen when Asahi finds out if you skip your meals right?" With that, Hyunsuk shudders a bit as a memory came into his mind.

Damn right he do, remembering that time where Asahi gives him a year worth of nagging and legit feed him food like a baby any chance he could get for five days straight. But while others, might feel annoyed and embarrassed with such treatment, it was the opposite for Hyunsuk. He in all seriousness is feeling happy, overjoyed even. Why? Simply because, in all his 21 years of living, he never had anyone or rather parents figure that would treat him like how Asahi and Jaehyuk did. Yes, Hyunsuk is an orphan with zero memories of the most important pillar of his life. The only thing he know is that, he was left on the front door of an orphanage with a piece of paper stating his name, Choi Hyunsuk therefore he grows up feeling alone and unlove. Of course, the caretaker at the orphanage make sure that he grows up happy but still because there is alot other orphans with him there, it becomes a constant fight for the caretaker's love and attention. But being the shy and quiet boy that he is, most often than not he become unnoticed, completely overshadow by the other orphans. So that is why, he was beyond the moon when Asahi and Jaehyuk provides him the parental-family-like love to him. Disregard the fact that he is actually the older one among them, but because of how life has been tough for him, he was reduce to being a child the moment he get to experience love.

He remembered that Jaehyuk is weirded out by his responds to Asahi's nagging. Hyunsuk was smiling like an idiot while listening intently to every single words Asahi uttered as he thinks is this how it felt like to be nagged at. Both Jaehyuk and Asahi had made silent promise to take care of Hyunsuk and ensure that the young man can always depend on them after learning his past. All in all, the experience had brought mixed feelings for Hyunsuk but the happiness managed to overweight all the other emotions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally have the courage to publish this despite knowing that this might have LOTS of error.

After writing and re-writing cycle continues this is the final product. Im sorry if this is not good but I still do hope yall enjoy reading this mess.

Stay healthy everyone! Until next time!