Ophelia

As day turned into night, we all went into the basement to watch a movie.  Theia sat in a recliner chair and Jay and I sat on the couch.

"What do you guys wanna watch?" I asked, scrolling through the selection of movies. Jay mumbled something but we didn't hear what he said.

"What was that?" I asked curiously. "Can we watch that one rom-com that has stars in its name or whatever?"

"Are you talking about The Fault in Our Stars?" Theia inquired.

"I've seen that movie but I'll still watch it with you guys. It's good but has quite a tragic ending." She informs us.

"You've seen it?! I've been wanting to see that movie ever since it came out! This is perfect!" I was extremely excited.

When I saw the trailer for that movie, I was counting down the days until it came out. When it did come out, I wasn't able to see it because I was busy with school. I got some popcorn and snacks and then we started the movie. Theia tried her best not to give away any spoilers but she liked the movie a lot. Sometimes she wouldn't spoil it by saying it, she would spoil it by giving us indications as to what would happen next. At the part where Augustus and Hazel were in Augustus's hotel room, Theia went upstairs to fill up the bowl of popcorn which was weird because the bowl of popcorn was already full. I soon found out why. It was so awkward watching that scene with only Jay in the room. By the time she came back, the movie was already over. My head was in his lap and I was crying. Jay was comforting me by stroking my hair. It wasn't long before I noticed he was crying too.

"Are you guys alright?" Theia asked, concerned.

"The movie was so...so sad." I sobbed, wetting Jay's pants with my tears. "Jay, you're crying too?"

He wiped the tears from his eyes. "No," Jay lied. Theia stifled a laugh but couldn't hold it in. She had a full-on laughing fit. I lifted my head from his lap and sat up.

"Stop laughing at him," I whined. "I'm sure you cried when you saw it too." Jay placed my head back in his lap.

"I wasn't crying, I just yawned." He grumbled.

. . .

Jay and I calmed down after some lemon sweet tea and fruit roll-ups. We went upstairs, changed into our pajamas, and decided to play Truth or Dare before we went to bed. I decided to go first.
"Theia, truth or dare?" I asked her.

"Hmm...dare." Theia said.

"I dare you..." I had to make sure I gave her a good one. Something that she would hate. "To put chocolate syrup on a pickle and eat it."

Her nose wrinkled and she shook her head. "How could you? You know I hate chocolate. I thought you would go easy on me!"

We walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Jay pulled out his phone and pressed record. Theia opened the fridge, took a pickle out of a jar, and got the chocolate syrup. She stood there for a while staring at the pickle.

"Staring at it isn't going to make it disappear, T." I taunted. Theia glared at me, took a deep breath, and poured chocolate sauce on the pickle. She took a small bite, gagged, and put it down.
"Any day now," Jay said, impatiently tapping his foot. Theia got through half of the pickle before sprinting to the bathroom and throwing it up. Jay and I couldn't help but chuckle.

She smiled but said, "I will get payback and you will feel my wrath!!!!" We returned to the room and it was Jay's turn.

"Phelia, truth or dare?" He knew I hated it when he called me by that nickname.

It was probably payback from when I called him Jaybird. "Truth." I was always too scared to pick a dare. Sometimes I do because I have to but when I don't have to, I don't.