Layla

I woke up to a loud and annoying alarm that was set by Ophelia. We all groaned as we covered our ears to at least muffle the sound. It didn't work very well. I sighed and got out of bed. It was freezing.

"Come on guys, we gotta get up."

Everyone got out of bed except for Sam. She was curled up in a ball and she had the covers wrapped tightly around herself. Kimmi and I took the covers off of her. Sam was still curled up in a ball and refused to move.

"It's too cold." She whined.

"Don't you think we're cold too? Come on, Sammy. Get up so we can get ready and get some nice, warm breakfast." Kimmi said.

Sam immediately got out of bed. "You had me at breakfast. What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

We all gave each other a look. "We were waiting for you." Kimmi grumbled under her breath.

. . .

We showered and got dressed then made our way to the mess hall. There was a wide variety of foods to choose from. Everything looked so delicious. I didn't even know where to begin! I decide on pancakes, eggs, some fruit, and sausage. Jay waved me over to sit at his table. I sat down next to him and noticed that Ophelia was sitting far away from Jay. She was reading a book and sitting in the seat in between Theia and Matthew.

"How'd you guys sleep last night?" Ophelia asked.

"I slept fine. I wasn't really tired since I slept on the bus." Jay said cutting his waffles.

"You were able to sleep on the bus?" I asked in amazement. "I tried but it was just too loud."

Jay shrugged his shoulders. "This boy can sleep anywhere. Personally I think it's his only talent." Theia joked.

"Last time I checked you didn't have any." Jay said, glaring at her. She frowned and they went on bickering back and forth.

"What are you reading, Ophelia?" I asked.

She looked up, showed me the cover of the book, and continued reading. Maybe she's just tired. We finished eating breakfast and went back to our cabins to get our things for canoeing.