Layla

I spent all week getting ready for the Bridgemere trip. I woke up early so I could have time to get ready before my dad drove me to school. When I got to school I went to the bus lane because that's where all the students were meeting. The first person I spotted in the crowd was Theia. She was in the same bus group as me.

"Hi, Theia!" I said waving.

"Hey girl! How's it going?"

"It's going good. I'm excited for the trip." It was so cold outside. You could see your breath. I wrapped my coat tighter around me.

"It's pretty chilly, huh?" Asked Theia. I nodded my head. She didn't seem very cold. Theia had a light jacket and a scarf. She didn't seem to be shivering much.
"Yeah, are you not cold?" Theia shook her head no.

"I wonder what the weather at Bridgemere is going to be like." I said rubbing my arms.

"It's supposed to be warmer over there but we'll need our coats for the first few days."

When we put our luggage under the bus and board the bus. When we all get on the bus the teachers take role. After they confirmed that everyone was there, we started driving to Bridgemere. I sat next to Theia and my friends Sam and Emi were sitting in the seats next to us. At first I tried sleeping but it was difficult because people were being loud. After a while I gave up. I decided to talk to Theia.

"Do you mind if I ask you a question?" I asked her.

"No, what is it?"

Theia turned towards me. "How long have you known Jay and Ophelia?"

"Hm, I've known them for about five years cause' I met them both in sixth grade. Why do you ask?" I wasn't expecting that. I thought they had known each other since elementary school. That's what it seems like.

"I was just a little curious."

"So I heard that you and Jay went on a date last Saturday." Theia said.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked.

"Jay told me."

My cheeks flushed. "I...It went well. I had a really fun time."

She smiled at her. "I'm glad. Did anything interesting happen?" Theia raised an eyebrow.

"We may or may not have kissed."

Her mouth was open and her hands were on her face. "Oh my gosh, what?!"

"I know, I know right?! It felt so surreal!" I started to think back to the moment when I had kissed him. I was surprised when Jay told me he didn't know how. I assumed he had been kissed or had kissed someone before. He smelled like vanilla and oranges. Time seemed to stop when I kissed Jay. I remember drawing him closer and feeling the warmth of his lips. I didn't want it to stop but all good things must come to an end. "Anyway...what activity are you most excited about?" I changed the subject.

"I'm looking forward to hiking the different trails that they have there."

"Oh yeah, I agree. I love looking at nature. I'm most excited to go swimming in the lake. I just hope it's not too cold so we can actually swim."

• • •

After about an hour and thirty minutes into the bus ride we took a 45 minutes break at restaurant. We stopped at the Golden Grill to go to the bathroom and eat lunch. Everyone was excited we stopped there because they had the most delicious burgers ever! I stepped off the bus and looked for Jay. He was riding a different bus than me. I looked around but I didn't see him. I did see Ophelia though. She was on the same bus as Jay. Ophelia was walking and talking to a guy I couldn't identify. I went to walk over to her but Mr. Landon stopped me.