[7] it isnt what i want, its what i need.

NSFW
1466 Words

Dream stepped through the door, he seemed to be blushing a soft red as George looked him in his vibrant eyes.

"I.. I love roses, Dream."

"I know you do. I've always known."

Clay pulls George into a hug and lightly rubs his back. George dips his head down and plants it on Clay's shoulder, looking behind themselves as Clay runs his fingers through the brunette's soft hair.

"Clay, how did you know, though? I cant even properly see the color of roses." George looked up at him.

"I know your heart." Clay smiled down at him. Their noses were inches away. Clay grew a bit closer, their breathing combined and slowly settled. George quickly pulled away farther as he saw Clay getting close to him.

He was afraid.

George was quick to change the subject. "Do you...happen to know how to kind of, well, 'revive' roses by any chance?" He turned to Clay. He noticed that Clay seemed a bit upset.

"Oh yeah, I have a green thumb, yknow' I can always find a way to care for all things green." He quickly turned towards George, making eye contact.

He had asked where George kept his care 'kit' for his roses. George then pointed him to a cabinet in the kitchen.

George blushed lightly as Clay grabbed his hand and took him to said cabinet. Clay was looking to inform George on how to properly take care of his new bundle of roses.

Hearing the sound of Clay's voice made George happier and high spirited. He had always known that he would enjoy the company of his dear best friend, but was it actually deeper than just a want for a friendship?

"And that's just about it, we're you listening, like at all?" The blonde asked George.

George was practically day-dreaming. He began to lock eyes with the tall man once more, his blushing was far too obvious to be hidden this time. It's almost like he felt his own pupils dilate whenever they stared.

Then it all came back to him, he memorized the lyrics once more as it all came to play.

'And now
I can feel your love
Your temporary touch
It's a hit and run
You go back there when you're done
Don't you want some more
'Cause I can feel your love'

He didn't want to face it, he didn't want to fall in love. He didn't want to be hurt by Clay, he didn't want to hurt Clay.

He wanted their friendship to remain as a total friendship, but at the same time, he only was in need of something more.

Dream shook his shoulder to catch the brunette's attention. "George, hello?".

The brunette finally stopped staring at the blonde boy, who was clearly flustered as well by the intervals of time that had passed since George has last responded to what Clay had to say.

"Oh, sorry, yes I was paying attention.. I believe?" George knew he was lying. The most he could've payed attention to was the tall boy himself.

"You're such a liar, you know that?" Clay jokingly scoffed.

"Oh yeah, I am?" George gave a smirk, which the outcome could've been good or bad.

"Yeah, you're my little liar, George." Clay slowly grew closer.

"Do you want to watch a movie maybe, in my room? I have a few Netflix suggestions." Clay gave a seductive smirk to the shorter male.