CHAPTER VII - ❝Just Friends❞

Elissi leans back, away from Perseus, as her emotions are too much. She is scared and has never kissed a boy before. They both look away from each other in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry... princess..." Perseus says trying to be a gentleman. Elissi feels bad too because she now wishes they would kiss.

"No, I'm sorry... My emotions were too much... but I... that isn't how I really feel." She leans back towards Perseus nervously and kisses him. He was surprised but happy. He gently holds her face as their hearts beat extremely fast. They were in love and could no longer control their emotions around each other.

They broke the kiss and the two looked deeply at each other and waited for one of them to speak.

"So what are we?" Elissi sits up looking at Perseus, looking to her with those beautiful eyes.

"I think the both of us can agree that.. THAT wasn't something that friends would do." Perseus removes his arm from hiding his warm hazel eyes. Elissi looks away from Persues and stares ahead. He sits up and gently holds her petite hand that perfectly fits in his. Elissi slowly looks at their hands and at Perseus, smiling.

"There is no easy way to ask this, but will you be my lover?" Perseus quietly says with a fiery hope in his eyes. Her smile fades and thinks carefully about her next words.

"I.. I'm flattered, but... I'll have to say no. I'm just... not ready."

"Okay, I am willing to respect your wishes, but I want you to know that I really love you and I'm willing to do anything to be with you... but I can settle for being just friends."

"Yes, thank you." They stand up and start to walk out of the garden. As they are walking, Perseus grabs a rose and hands it to Elissi.

"Here, Elissi." She grabs the rose.

"Thank you Perseus!" She chuckles. They walk through the town heading back home. There are a lot of townsmen selling goods through the town.

"Oh that pie looks so delicious!" Elissi says as they pass by a man selling pies. Perseus walls over to the man and buys two slices of pie, apple and blueberry. He offers them to her, and she picks the blueberry pie. They continue walking.

"Thank you!" They both sit down on a bench to eat at their pies. Unfortunately, Elissi is recognized by a townsman.

"PRINCESS! What are you doing here?!" People swarm them, forming a crowd.

"Why are you with the duke?!" They stand up and leave their half-eaten slices of pie on the bench. He grabs her hand and they run through the town. While they are running, she trips over her dress and begins to fall.

"Ah-" He catches her before she reaches the ground and they stare into each other's eyes for a long moment. She realizes that she is in the arms of the duke and blushes.

"Oh dear god, t-thank you." She's flustered, still in his arms.

"You're welcome, shall I put you down now?" He says, not truly wanting to let her go, but wanting to kiss her again.

"...Um, yes." They both laugh nervously and awkwardly. After a bit of silence, they continue to walk.

They run back into the meadow together, holding hands, laughing. They run through dandelions as they float up into the sky surrounding them. This would be romantic but they are just friends...

Perseus kicks some dandelions and they fly up, circling the both of them. Elissi picks up three and blows on them; they flutter around. They look at each other and smile. This meadow is very pretty and they are enjoying themselves.

"Thank you for taking me here Perseus! This place is beautiful!"

"You're welcome, I love it here too!" They both sit down and he looks at her as she plays with a dandelion in her hand. Elissi catches him staring and they look at each other. A cold breeze blows over and a strand of Elissi's hair falls onto her face. Perseus reaches his hand out slowly and tucks it behind her ear. He blushes a little and looks down at his feet. Elissi doesn't know if she truly wants to be his friend... or something more.

"Do you want to leave now?" Perseus asks Elissi.

"Yes, we should head back." They stand up and leave the meadow. They walk back to town and get into a horse-drawn carriage.

"Thank you for today Perseus. I don't get to go out much."

"It was a pleasure getting to spend this time with you." Perseus responds. They arrive at Elissi's manor and they both get out of the carriage.

"Goodbye Elissi. I hope to see you soon."

"Goodbye Perseus! Thank you again for these past two days!" Elissi goes inside and Perseus leaves. He thought about how great the day was, hoping to spend more time with Elissi.

When Elissi steps into her home, her family brings her into a hug, asking her too many questions at once...