CHAPTER XXIV - ❝A Happily Ever After❞

-

Seven Suns Prior

As Perseus, Elissi, and all their friends return to Primrose, King Valente finds Vincent, dead, on the floor of the manor..

"Oh, my sweet child, what a life you've lived. It pains me to see you like this, but I'm afraid that you've received the punishment that you deserve. I hope you fulfill a better life up above, or as it seems you may be, down below." He kisses Vincent on the forehead, closes his son's eyes, and walks away.

-

A Few Months Later

Perseus, Elissi, Violet, and Asher-Timothy, finished planning their weddings together! Today is the day they recite their vows and bond with each other as wedded couples. In a few hours, they will reunite with their friends whom they haven't seen since the battle in Ambrosia. They made their way to Primula, Perseus's hometown. For the sake of wedding traditions, there are two carriages. A brides', and a grooms'. In the brides' carriage, Elissi and Violet share their nervousness with one another.

"Violet, you seem awfully pale. Has the wedding shenanigans gotten to you?"

"Indeed it has, El. There are so, oh so many thoughts roaming in my mind."

"Likewise, though that may not be our greatest concern. Have you an ounce of regret for saying yes?"

"Not one, have you?"

"Maybe one, or two."

"Is that so? What has been on your mind lately?"

"Well, we've gone against all the rules in the whole book! Then, we were able to be with one another, for only how many months. I had gotten stolen from my ex-fiancée and only a few days later, Perseus proposed!"

"I can see how that may cause you distress. But you do love him, do you not?"

"Of course I do! I love him more than anyone in this lifetime. And you, Violet? Do you truly love Asher-Timothy? Or is it all just a fantasy? A hoax that you'd hoped to pretend was real, because of your urge for validation?"

"I do love him. Why would you ever think otherwise?"

"Well, you're vindictive, and cold. But now, I do see. Your eyes have never lit up like they do when you're around him. My sincerest apologies for thinking anything of the contrary."

"Apology accepted."

Meanwhile, in the grooms' carriage..

"Perseus! What was I thinking? I suppose I do love Violet, but was it really the right choice?"

"You wouldn't've proposed if you hadn't thought it to be."

"You're right. Are you not nervous?"

"Of course I am, I just don't show it. A reflex taught by my late father."

"I see. Well have you thought of your vows?"

"I have not. I'd thought that I'd just say whatever came to mind."

"Are you out of your proper mind?! Elissi has most definitely made a whole speech, and you're just going to 'say whatever comes to mind'?!"

"Well, I suppose I should come up with a set of vows."

"And I shall assist you."

As the grooms scramble to write Perseus's vows, Daxton and Tallulah find an unexpected surprise on their morning walk..

"Bellflower is a truly magnificent town, isn't it, darling?"

"Yes, Lu. You and your father have built an extraordinary and quite an amazing community."

"Thank you, love. I miss him terribly."

"I know you do, but this town is his legacy."

"Of course, of c-" Tallulah gasps and grabs Daxton by the cuff of his clothing.

"Talullah! Where on Earth are you taking me?"

"Look down, you imbecile. A child."

"Oh my word. A child?"

"Darling, we must keep him! Please?"

"Alright, alright. Since it's clear that you aren't going to let me say no."

"Huzzah! What shall we name him?"

"Giuseppe's a fine name, don't you think?"

"Aw, darling. It's a wonderful name."

A few hours pass, and everyone arrives for the wedding ceremony. Everyone crowds around Tallulah and Daxton as they arrive with little Giuseppe..

"Well color me surprised! Where in tarnation did you two get an infant?"

"A baby?!"

"Oh my stars and garter! How heavenly."

"What an astonishing surprise!"

With many confused and overjoyed looks, everyone asks the couple how this came to be. Tallulah explains, and they all stare in awe of their heroism. Eventually, the laughter and loudness calms down, and the ceremony begins!

~Here comes the bride, all dressed in white~

The ceremony commences with Lady Lawrence as the officiant. They all say their vows and begin to cry in joy.

"Do you, Perseus Scott and Asher-Timothy Harris, take Violet Evergarden and Elissi Williams as your lawfully wedded wives?"

"I do."

"I do."

"And do you, Violet Evergarden and Elissi Williams, take Perseus Scott and Asher-Timothy Harris as your lawfully wedded husbands?"

"I do."

"I do."

"Alright, by the power invested in me by the king, I pronounce you, husband and wife, for both of you. You may kiss your brides."

The ceremony ends, and they feast upon a plethora of food. Along with the delicious meal, everyone comes with just as much splendiferous news. Rosalynn clinks her drink against her fork.

"Hello, everyone. I would like your attention please. I know this has nothing to do with this wedding, but I've got excellent news. I've been recruited to perform and live my dream, playing in taverns all across the whole globe starting within the next month!"

Everyone applauds and congratulates her, and Perseus even chokes on his food! Emily and Howl get onto their feet and say..

"We, too, have an announcement! We're engaged! Surprise."

Another round of applause follows. Then, they eat their food, dance, and sing the night away. As the morning comes, they say their goodbyes, knowing that the wedding night was a night to remember.

-

The End.