Chapter 20 ~agent Baker's plea ~

I had left Mycrofts house the same day. Now two weeks later I still didn't respond to his messages neither did I pick up his calls.
Now I was waiting for agent Baker who had gotten my number from Lestrade and wanted to meet up to discuss some things.
My doorbell rang and I bussed him in. The tall man walked up the stairs his glasses reflecting the sunlight that came through my door.
"Good morning, agent (Y/l)," he greeted me and smiled, his warm brown eyes lit up in the sunlight, looking like pure honey.
"Good morning," I kindly respond and let him in.
"would you like a cup of tea?"
"tea would be lovely"
I brewed some tea and sat down in my armchair. I didn't own biscuits since my diet was very clean so some apple slices and strawberries would have to do.
"Thank you." he smiled and sipped his tea.
"What was it you wanted to talk about, agent Baker?"
"Well... I have noticed that there had been some very blurry signs of disloyalty in my men... I believe there is a connection to the terrorist group that you took down. There is no way it was only that one warehouse..."
My neutral expression didn't show any kind of emotion but my head was running wild.
"Your button-up, it's new," I blankly said. Someone wanted to look very professional.
"Uhm... Yes..." the agent gave back.
"I am supposed to leave my job and work in your lines to find out the connection between your men and the terrorists, am I right?" I dryly asked him.
"That was the plan..." he mumbled.
"I don't work in teams."
"So you won't help me?"
"if you find the location of those assumed terrorists I will go there and clean up, gathering all information concerning your men but I won't work in one of your teams"
"Thank you anyway... I will inform you once I have any new information," Baker said and left after wishing me a good day.
Great... But at least I wouldn't have to break my head over Mycroft now... No idea why I did in the first place... His first messages had been full of anger and demand but with each day they got more apologizing and worried. Since when was the man of ice worried?
Whatever it was it was very unusual for him...

A/N: Since I am always happy about feedback I would appreciate it if you left a comment with your opinion on this chapter. Feel free to vote if you enjoyed it. 😊 Until next time. 🖤