Chapter 8 ~No.~

We got into an elevator.
"So seventh floor it is, " I mumbled to myself.
"Excuse me?" Andrea asked confusion planted on her face.
I didn't respond and just pressed the button on the seventh and last floor.
"But how...?" She asked shocked again.
"Never mind, " I sad in a stern and emotionless voice.
The elevator door opened and I walked out Andrea following me.
I didn't even bother to knock on the office door and just entered.
"What do you want Holmes?" I asked blankly walking up to his table.
"Well, good evening Detective (y|l|n), " he responded.
"You could have just called to ask me, " I got right to the point.
"Very interesting... So you already figured why you are here?" It was a rhetorical question he knew that I knew.
"The answer is no. I won't tell you anything and I most definitely won't work for you, Holmes, " I told him monotonously.
"Clearly you have an agency background. I guess you've worked for the British secret agency..."
"Stop spying on me, Holmes."
"What happened this evening was quite impressive. I could use someone of your qualification."
"Listen Holmes and listen closely. I am not working as an agent not for you, not for some security service, for no one!" I leaned in very close on him sounding very intimidating.
"(y|l|n), I have a very important operation, the well-being of the entire country is in danger. It is a matter of national importance. If it isn't taken care of a World War could breakout. I need someone with your skillset and you indeed are the only option at the moment, " he sounded stern but I could read his seemingly emotionless mimic. He was desperate, concerned and hadn't slept in days.
"Why would I?" I asked coldly.
"If we don't find someone, who will be able to lead this mission, there is no hope to stop the terrorist. They have some very sensitive data and will be able to sell our country out if they do another county's especially the Americans will not be amused about the data's content," Holmes explained himself.
"When I saw your fighting skills this evening I was perfectly able to conclude you would be one for that job."
"No, " I turned on my heels.
"You have no right to decline the mission. This is an order, not a question!" Holmes sounded furious.
I didn't respond and walked right out of the room.
"You are not allowed to leave the building, Miss, " Andrea announced, trying to block my way.
"Try to stop me then, " I glared.
From behind, I sensed someone's presence. It was Holmes he grabbed my wrist.
"You need to..." He got interrupted abruptly by me throwing him on the ground, sitting on top of him.
"Don't. ever. touch. me, " I hissed into his ear. Athena pressed the alert button. The security man rushed in pointing their guns at me.
"Hands up, " one of the men screamed.
I got off of Holmes back. Not moving my hands anywhere.
"It's fine. I can handle it, " Holmes said dismissing the security men.
"But, sir?"
"You may leave now, " he replied then he turned to me. He waited until the men left then he said, "No one will know. Officially you would be hired as my secretary."
I just started him dead in the eyes.
He looked back trying to look right through me.
I nodded my head slightly.
"I don't want another World War to break out, it will just be more work for me, so I will lead the mission. But this is an exception, Holmes. I won't work with a team, if I do anything it will be solo, " I was back to no emotions again.
"Thank you for your cooperation, " Holmes responded as if nothing happened and I haven't thrown him on the ground a few minutes ago.
I nodded again heading towards the elevator.
"I'll texed you all of the details... And Miss (y|l|n) you should see a medical professional about your legs, " he told me.
"Nice deduction Holmes, but not too impressive, " was my cold reply.

(A|N) So, what do you think? Please do drop your opinion and your ideas into the comments and if you enjoyed the chapter you could also leave a vote...😉
'Till next time.