Chapter 22 ~dinner~

"I don't care, " I coldly replied to the about a head taller man in front of me.
"You have been here for a month so back up! " he growled trying to back me up into the wall of the training room behind me. I stood my ground even tho he was uncomfortably close to me at this point. With a smooth move, I grand his arm and yanked it onto his back forcing him onto the ground face forward now kneeling on his back.
"Listen and listen close, Special Agent Backer left me in charge of this unit. I don't care how long you have been on this team or if you think you are more capable than me. Know your place. "
"You little-"
"Agent Miller,"  Agent Baker stepped into the room through the big glass door of the training room.
"I thought I made myself clear when I said that Agent (Y/l) is in charge of your unit. "
"Very clear, sir, " Miller growled against the ground. With a little smirk in Baker's direction, I got up dismissing Miller.
"He is annoying... horribly annoying. "
Baker gave me a smile.
"He is indeed, but he is a very skilled agent..."
I huffed, "Sure he is."
"Uhm... (Y/n) would you fancy some dinner after we are done here?"
I froze for a second. Would I?
"Dinner?"
"Yes," he chuckled, "dinner."
"I actually don't go out for dinner... "
"I see..."
"But I would love to join you, sir."
"Steven, call me Steven or Steve," he grinned.
"Alright, Steve, Around eight? "
"eight is perfect!" He smiled leaving the training room.
I stood there for a few moments after he left, kind of confused and not knowing what to think. Oh well... This would be interesting.

After I got done with my training I rode my motorcycle back home and took a long hot shower getting ready for the evening.
With some light eye makeup and lipstick in the same color as my dress and shoes,

I left my flat walking downstairs to get into the cab I called

"Where to, Miss?" The cabby asked and I named him the address of the surprisingly fancy restaurant.
As I got out Baker already stood on the red carpet in front of the restaurant.

He gave me a stunned look

"Wow... (Y/n), you look amazing... "
he mumbled under his breath.
"Hey there, handsome," I purred.
"You look quiete stunning yourself."
He gave me a smile and offered me his arm.
"Thank you so much, me lady." Steven escorted me inside where a waiter brought us to our table. Right as we entered the restaurant I internally froze in place. Mycroft Holmes was sitting at a table in the corner of the room Miss. Parker sitting right across from him.
So it was a serious thing between these two... "Well, good for him," I thought to myself trying to overpower the stinging pain in my chest. The second He spotted me his face almost dropped his gaze was now fixated on me and his jaw clenched.
"I will be right back to get your order," the waiter said as we stopped at a table right next to the one Mycroft sat at.
"Me lady, " Steve said pulling my chair out for me and pushing it back in once I sat down.
"Thank you, Steve," I smiled at him. Since he was sitting back to back with Miss Parker I could have made eye contact with Mycroft, who was now staring at my face.
"I didn't know they were here..." Steven apologized with a little smile.
"It's all good," I smiled back a brilliant smile on my lips, which the man of Ice now had his focus on. 
"He is staring, huh?" Stev asked quietly which I gave a slight nod in reply to.
An evil little smirk spread on his face as he took my hand.
"I'll give him a reason to stare."
I smiled but internally had a huge fight. Emotional attachment meant weakness, vulnerability... He was sweet... But I was a monster, a killing machine.
On the other hand, he just wanted to piss off Mycroft and I wanted that too.
We ordered our food right after Holmes and Parker did. It was amazing food and very good wine but from time to time I could feel Mycroft's gaze on me.
"This place is so memorizing! " Parker squealed in her high-pitched voice.
"It's horribly quiet and formal here..." Stev mumbled.
"I won't ask the director for advice for where to go to again."
"It is indeed but it's very sweet, that you actually asked someone for advice," I chuckled.
"Yeah... I don't really do this often," he blushed.
"What a shame... We should do this more often then," I purred and smiled at him.
He smiled back and squeeze my hand.
"How about we get out of here and take a little walk?"
"That sounds perfect!" I happily agreed.
We split the bill since I insisted and Steve got up stepping up to my chair leaning over to me.
"May I?" He whispered his head giving a slight nod in Mycroft's direction.
"You may," I gave back softly, which caused him to carefully place his right hand's fingers underneath my chin tilting my face upwards, while his left rested on the backrest of my chair. He leaned down and I could feel Mycroft's eyes burn into my skin.
I could feel Steve's hot breath on my lips and closed my eyes the moment before our lips connected.
It was a very soft and innocent kiss but a relatively long-lasting kiss, which surprisingly made me feel very comfortable. As Steve carefully pulled back since we both needed oxygen the soft smile on my lips was faced with the stone-cold and unamused look on Mycroft's face. His hand was clenched onto his wineglass and I started smirking.
"Let's go," I smiled at Steven, he also looked very happy with the situation.
He pulled my chair out and we left the restaurant together, leaving a more than annoyed Mycroft behind.

A/N: Sorry that I have been gone for so long. I hope you liked it. 🥺