Chapter 3 ~I just state the obvious~

Dear Detective (y/l/n),
I'm out of town for a couple of days and DI Dimmock is in charge while I'm gone. Thought you might want to know.

GL

Great! Dimmock is the most incompetent person, I've ever known! Hopefully, nothing happens while he is in charge.
-a few hours later-
*phone ringing*
"Detective (y/l/n)?!"
"We have a case. Some banker killed himself, but the freak is claiming he was killed we need some backup! And as much as it pains me, too consult you DI Dimmock needs you, " it was Donovan.
"Where?" was my only response.
-at the highrise-
I walked into the flat of the now-dead banker. One thing I noticed immediately when I looked around: the man was left-handed... I headed to the bedroom where the banker was lying. It was definitely not suicide, the bullet hole was on the right side of his head.
"(...) waiting for the killer. He’d been threatened, " that was Holmes. I walked into the room he and the DI were standing in. Dr. Watson was at the Detectives side.
"indeed, " I announced coldly.
"He was murdered, "
"What? Where did you come from?! You were supposed to back me up!" Dimmock exclaimed, almost scared to death by me appearing right behind him.
"I'm not backing anyone up. I just state the obvious, " I explained coldly.
Doctor Watson gave me a thankful smile, which I acknowledged with a slight nod. Holmes just gave me the "I already knew that" look. In response, I glared at him. 
Holmes and the Doc left the flat.
"I'm leaving," I announced, turning on my heal.
"No, you're not, What am I even paying you for?!" Dimmock almost screams. My face went even colder when I turned and walked up to him making him back up against the wall.
"Is your name Lestrade? I don't believe so. I am leaving. Holmes knows something. He has a plan so I'll follow him to find out what he is up to."
"W... What good w...will that bring us?" He asked. My face was only inches away from his and I stared him down in an intimidating way.
"He has a clue that is not related to this flat. Something only he knows. Maybe some connections to his workplace or family. I don't quite know that, but once I find out it will be a lot easier to solve the case, " I said turning on my heal again, leaving the flat and Dimmock, who didn't say another word. I decided to use a nice little police divide to locate Holmes's phone. I'll find them.