[CHAPTER: 2 PART: 1 (14) Deception]

It was impossible. Completely so!

And yet there it was...

Joe's reflection clear as day in one of the windows.

I looked over at Sara, fearing the worst. Sadly, my intuition was correct.

She was staring at the reflection wide eyed, drenched in cold sweat.

"Not...again..." She mumbled, horrified.

I grabbed her gently by the arms. "Sara, look at me! Please!"

"I'm just...halluci...nating..." Tears threatened to spill from her eyes and her shoulders shook.

"Sara!" I quickly put my arms around her shivering form. "Sara, listen to my voice. What happened to Joe wasn't your fault, nobody could have stopped it!"

"Ahhhh....haaahhh..." She tried to breathe but it came out extremely shallow. The ginger girl tried to look me in the eyes and calm down but it wasn't working.

I pulled back just enough to look her in the eyes. "You didn't kill him. Miley did. It wasn't your fault."

She went quiet for a moment before hugging me close, as if I were a lifeline. "I miss him... I miss him so much, (F/n)..."

"I know, I miss him too... Just let it out..." I whispered and rubbed her back in soothing motions.

Thankfully, she was able to calm down after a while and took in a deep breath.

"Do you want me to check it out...?" I asked gently, still giving her a worried look.

She nodded and looked down at the ground. "Please..."

"You got it." I assured her before heading over to the glass cabinets.

The closer I got, the more clear his blank expression became.

It sure as hell wasn't gonna go away by me doing nothing...

"Here we go..." I openned the glass door and there it was. An exact copy of Joe.

I started to feel a bit faint. "What the fuck...?"

...

It wasn't reacting.

"What are you doing!?"

"Don't go opening doors without asking, please!" I quickly turned around only to have Safalin push past me and stand in front of the Joe copy, partially hiding it from view. "If you have any buisness, please let me know! And don't go searching around on your own..."

"Safalin...!!" Sara exclaimed in shock from her spot besides the coutch.

I narrowed my eyes at the Vice Floor Master. "Safalin, what the FUCK is this?"

"Sniff... Well, um..." She fiddled with her thumbs before making eye contact with me. "What's in there...is a doll."

Sara quickly walked over to us. "A doll...!?"

Safalin nodded. "You must have seen them before as well. A doll of miss Kanna, a doll of yourself, miss Sara..." She tilted her head. "Do you two remember now...?"

"Then why is it there!?" I asked, completely confused. "You know Sara is traumatized! Why would you just leave it there!?"

She flinched and looked away from me. "I-I'm afraid I cannot answer that...my apologies..."

How convienient.

"Then what purpose do these dolls serve...?" The ginger girl asked.

The crying doll fiddled with the ribbons around her arms before sighing. "They are...one of the experiments done by our organization. I cannot say anything more than that..."