[CHAPTER: 2 PART: 1 (16) A Twist Of Fate]

[Day 2 Night]

As we walked into the Lounge, the only person there was Reko who was muttering to herslef as she leaned against the wall.

"Damnit... Even after all this searching, ain't no sign of a way to escape..." She sighed and gritted her teeth. "Goddamn Main Game... I don't wanna do that shit twice...!!"

Just as I was about to ask Sara if we should check on her, Q-taro walked into the Lounge looking stressed.

"Sara, (F/n)...!" He acknowledged in shock before pulling the bridge of his hat downwards so his eyes weren't visible and walked past us.

I raised an eyebrow. "Q-taro? What's-?"

"Wait, Q-taro. We're not done talking." Keiji walked out of the computer room after the ball player, looking pissed.

The red head sat in one of the chairs while Keiji stood next to him, staring him down.

"Keiji...?" Sara mumbled in confusion.

I ran a hand through my hair and took a deep breath. "This doesn't sound good... Let's see what's wrong."

The other girl nodded and the two of us walked over to the two adult men.

"What's the meaning of this!? Why...!?" Keiji demanded,

The man in question stayed silent.

The detective's eyes narrowed. "Talk to me, Q-taro!"

"What is it, you two?" Sara asked, just as confused as I was.

Keiji sighed. "...Guys...The laptop's been taken."

"What!?" My eyes widened in shock.

Q-taro didn't even look at us. "...Sorry..."

"W...What do you mean!? Who took it...!?" Sara asked, outraged.

He stayed silent for a moment. "...Kanna."

"Excuse me??" I asked in complete disbelief. "You mean to tell me that A MIDDLE SCHOOLER overpowered you somehow!? That is absolute bullshit!"

"No..." He shook his head. "I handed it over ta Kanna... No charge on it, so I thought it's be fine..."

This fucking idiot, I swear to God!!

Even Sara looked pissed. "You handed it over!?"

"...Sou must be pulling the strings." Keiji concluded. "He used Kanna to have her strike some kind of deal with Q-taro."

I started pacing. "Because of course he fucking did."

"That's..." Keiji cut off the baseball player beefore he could utter another word.

"You have to have noticed, Q-taro... You knew that...and you still accepted the deal." He pointed out. "Why...!? How could you hand over Kai's dying gift to someone else!?"

I nodded. "Exactly!! This is the second time you've been given an important job and failed to commit to it! First it was not letting anyone get to the secon floor and now this. What the actual fuck, dude!?"

He flinched but stayed quiet.

"...I see." Keiji sighed in dissapointment before turning to us. "I'm going to search for Kanna. "

"We'll go with you!" Sara responded while I nodded in agreement.

"She went...toward the Ruined Corridor..." Q-taro limply pinted in the direction of the hallway.

The blond gave him a serious look. "I don't know what she got into your head, Q-taro... But it seems I've overestimated you... It's too bad."

"Seriously! Get your shit together, man!" I yelled before turning to look at the other two. "C'mon. Time to beat up that asshole."