[CHAPTER: 1 PART: 2 (3) Good Cop, Bad Cop]

"No Nao, huh... Seems the second floor was a bust." Keiji crosses his arms. Sara and I are holding Gin's hands and I'm carrying his plushie who he told me is called Mew-Chan.

Gin is spacing out a lot, he needs a while. "Well, not exactly. We found Gin after all. We also have two more rooms to search." I point out. "That's true." Keiji admits. "Do you two think Nao is safe?" Sara asks. "Jeez, I hope so..." I sigh. "If she's on the first floor, then I'd guess so. Probably... But her heart's gonna need mending." Keiji rubs his neck. Sara looks like she's had a eureka moment. "Come to think of it, you also said...there was someone you looked up to."

She's right!

"Oh yeah, I remember that!" I look to Keiji, now curious as fuck. "...Did I say that?" Keiji awkwardly plays with the band of his collar. "Yes." Sara and I say in unison. Keiji looks at us weirdly for a second before chuckling at our similar mindset.

He doesn't answer the question though and just looks away.

"Do you not want to talk about it? You don't have to if you don't wanna. We just want to know more about you." I explain. Keiji laughs and pats my head. "Hahaha! You're really as sharp as a tack." He says. I narrow my eyes at him. "Thanks...? I'm not a dog, ya know... I like this, though." I crack a smile. Sara gives Keiji a serious look. "(F/n) is telling the truth. We wanna know more about you, Keiji. I wanna know more about you." She says. Keiji fiddles with his collar again and looks away. "Huh, now that's strange..." Sara crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow at him. "Trying to evade the question again?"

Daaaaamn Sara

"Ooooohhh she caught you red handed bruh..." I point to him. Keiji looks pretty shocked. That shocked expression turns into one of admiration, though. "Wahah... Got it. I'll do this." Keiji holds out his hand in front of us. "If we survive this Main Game thing, I'll tell you two."

Well that's...unexpected...

Sara makes a surprised noise. I hand Mew-Chan back to Gin and shake Keiji's hand. "You got yourself a deal, sir." I give him a nod. As I step back, I see Sara is looking down while holding Gin's hand. "So you're saying...we're really going to do the Main Game...?"

The realization hit like a wave.

Some of us could really die in who knows how long.

Minutes? Hours? Days? Weeks?

How long will we even be here!?

Will we starve to death!?

...

Will I...die here?

I start breathing heavily. Keiji puts a comforting hand on my shoulder and I try to calm down by listening to his voice. "Doubt it'd be easy to avoid. These people aren't gonna allow that. And once it begins... Everyone'll be serious." There's a moment of silence before Keiji laughs dryly. "And myself... I don't wanna die either." I try to steady my breathing. "No one...wants to die..." I simply say. "I'd...hate to die too." Sara mumbles.

It's moments like these that make me happy Gin's zoning out and not listening to this conversation...

"Like (F/n) said, nobody wants to die... It'll be an ugly struggle, that's for sure... Maybe we'll all come to hate each other." Keiji sighs. I turn my head to look at him. "I don't want you to die Keiji! I wouldn't even want my enemy to die if I had a choice!" I tell him. He smiles and ruffles my hair. It calms me down a bit. "But if you two survive, regardless, and you're still curious about me... I'll be fine with telling you two and you two alone."

That leaves Sara and I speechless.

"I'll definitely...look for a way to sidestep the Main Game." Sara has a determined look on her face. I clap my face a bit to snap myself out of my miserable state. "And I'll help in any way I can." I tell them. Keiji nods. "Right... Just be ready." He looks to me. "Especially you." I stare at him for a couple seconds before smiling gently. "...Ok..." He pats my back and I step away.