[CHAPTER: 2 PART: 1 (5) A Promise]

As I was about to go and look for more attractions, Sara suddenly grabbed me by the elbow. I tilted my head. "What is it?"

Sara's eyes trailed off in the direction of the monitor room. Once she finally got a hold of herself, she looked back at me. "I'm worried about Nao... Can we go check on her please?"

Oh right... The AI of Mishima...

I nod in approval. "Yeah... I wanna make sure she's okay too." With that we headed over in the direction of the Monitor Room.

Once we got to the doorway, Sara nd I noticed that Nao was talking to the proffesor Mishima AI just as we thought. "Nao..." I heard Sara whisper her name.

"So then...proffesor... While you were gone..." It sounded like Nao was going to start telling the AI a story.

I really hope that she'll be okay... I kind of understand what she's going through. 

I mean, I may have only met all these people about a day ago but it's still very difficult for me!

I wish I could talk to Kai and Joe again, they seemed like great people...

Well, at least Nao has some time to grieve.

I turned my attention back to the conversation happening in the room. The Mishima AI is smiling gently at Nao and listening to her speak.

Once she finishes, it nods in acknowledgement. 

"Is that so... It's been nothing but hardship, then... However... Even amid such circumstances, you've made wonderful friends, miss Nao."

Nao's eyes widened. "F...Friends...?"

The AI smiled once more. 

"Indeed! Age and the length of your association are of no relevence. They are wonderful people who help each other. I understand that clearly hearing you speak." 

Suddenly it turned serious. 

"Please treasure your friends, miss Nao."

"...Okay..." Nao rubbed her elbow and chewed on her bottom lip. "I've always been...getting saved by them..."

She took a deep breath and stood straight once more. "So from now on... I want to be useful to Reko, (F/n), Sara and everyone..." 

Nao sighed and looked at the Mishima AI once more. "That's why... I'm...going now, proffesor."

The AI adjusted it's digital glasses. 

"Yes, please come by any time. I'll be right here." 

Nao shook her head and took a step back. "...No...I won't...come here anymore..."

The AI looked taken aback for the longest time before it smiled gently at her. 

"Miss Nao... You truly have grown strong, haven't you?" 

It chuckled and gave a respectable bow. 

"I'm honored to have had you as my student. Goodbye, miss Nao."

With a flicker, the monitor switched off.

...

*Sniffle*

Next thing I knew, Nao let her forehead rest against the monitor as bitter tears begun to stream down her face.

"I...I'm...not strong...at all... I wanted you watching over me, always... Proffesor..."

I felt my heart breaking for her even more than it already was...