[CHAPTER: 1 PART: 2 (6) Real Or Fake?]

...

WHAT!?

Everyone is shocked into silence until Keiji voices all our thoughts. "Huh?" Gonbee- I mean Alice holds a hand on his chest as he speaks. "I'm Alice, I'm telling you!! Reko did nothing wrong!! It's a misunderstanding!!" Keiji gives him a disapproving look. "...Listen, we're in the middle of a serious discussion right now..." Alice cuts him off. "And I'm being serious too!! Reko... Reko is my little sister...!!" Q-taro shifts his gaze between the two siblings. "Y-You for real!?" Reko looks up to her apparent brother. "Couldn't hide it, huh... This guy's real name is Alice Yabusame. He's...my older brother."

OK, HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!

Joe starts to look a bit shaken. "Then...the "murderer"..." Alice finishes for him. "Is me! I lied about being a thief... I went to prison for killing someone..."

The words finally sink in.

"Well this is unnerving... I've never been in front of someone who went to jail for killing a person!" I say awkwardly. Suddenly Alice is a bit more scary than annoying. Joe nods to me. "Yeah! Isn't this guy some serious bad news...!?!?" Alice holds his fist. "Yes, that's right! Indeed, I am...a damned criminal!! And Reko cut me off as well, saying to never show her my mug again! And yet... It's not even funny!! To think we'd reunite in this place...!!"

That is one shitty way to reunite with your sibling...

Reko sighs. "Me and him are total strangers at this point. I didn't want Kanna and the rest being scared of me 'cause of this guy... So when he woke up, I told him to hide our relation. Right after (F/n) and Sara went to look for Nao...!" She confesses. Sara rubs her chin. "...So that's it..."

Alice speaks up after some silence. "...Hmph. I'm a simple murderer. But Reko is different. She's a good and proper person... That's all I wanted to say... Damnit all." Keiji turns to him. "So you deny any connection with the kidnappers?" Alice nods. "Right... Why I was brought here... I still don't know."

There's silence for a while.

Alice chuckles half-heartedly. "Mwahaha... Suppose I can't expect trust or anything else, can I...? It's just the ramblings of a killer... Hahahahaha..." Sou speaks up. "Despite us talking about Gin, we got some unexpected information here. There are still many more points of interest... But there's no time. I want to hear Nao's justification soon enough. What do you think?" Nao staggers back. "Eh...!? M-Me...!?" Sou turns to Sara. "That's fine, right, miss Sara?" She takes another glance at the paper. "There's still something... Megumi Sasahara... Detective..."

Right... Would Keiji know her??

Keiji is fiercely trying to avoid eye contact, looking anywhere but at Sara and me. "Keiji...??" I ask. He turns back with a forced smile. "What a surprise. Didn't think there'd be another detective here, besides everyone's favorite." He chuckles.

"He keeps repeating himself about his career... It's kinda unnerving..." I say to Sara. She nods. "I agree but we have no proof to disprove him. We should move on to the next topic." After Sara says that I look over to Sou. "Let's move on then..." I announce.

I wish all of our questions could be answered right away.

Sou nods and turns to Nao. "Well then, miss Nao. Please...give us your justication." He says with a smile. Nao gulps.

[PROGRESS]

"I see a lot that's illogical about Nao's actions." Sou continues. "...Illogical, eh?" Joe raises an eyebrow. "Aren't you curious about what she was up to in the kitchen, holding the box with Mishima? Tell me what you were doing then, miss Nao." Sou instructs. Nao rubs her wrist. "...Because of the body collection announcement...I went into a panic... I took the box...and just sat and hid in the kitchen. I didn't even touch anything in the room... I know I troubled you all a lot... But I...didn't want to lose him...!" I frown. "Nao, calm down! It's okay!" I try to reassure her which she seems to appreciate.