[CHAPTER: 1 PART: 2 (9) Hope And Despair]

*DEATH WARNING! I REPEAT, DEATH WARNING! THE ANGST IS REAL!*

After walking back to my desk, Sara and I pick up our tablet.

[Vote for Sou?]
    [Yes] [No]
        ^

No hesitation at all.

Please...

...PLEASE...!

-----------------------

[...All votes have been received.]

[Displaying results...]

[Sara and (F/n): 0 votes.]

[Joe: 2 votes.]

[Kanna: 0 votes.]

[Sou: 4 votes.]

[Kai: 6 votes.]

-----------------------

"No...! Kai...!" I can hear my voice breaking...

Sou smirked. "That's too bad... You lose, Kai." I turn to him feeling tears in my eyes. "Shut the fuck up, you stupid rat!!" I screech out.

I don't even have it in me to insult him well right now!!

"...I understand. So long as you may be the Sacrifice, choosing you is risky..." Kai says, emotionless. His head is down.

Sou shakes his head. "It's more than that. If you picked me with emotion...that would be your will. But everyone chose logic... Awful, isn't it? ..."This vote isn't about our own wills!" That's what everyone's telling themselves - how they're fooling themselves."

I go to lunge at him but Keiji keeps me in place and I'm too emotionally drained to fight back...

Nao is crying as well. "I'm sorry...!! I'm sorry...!! I'm sorry..." Keiji lets me go, sensing that I won't throw myself at Sou anymore.

"Eheehee. Now, everyone, enjoy yourselves as I check your answers!" Miley pulls out her own tablet from her throne.

"First, the Sage! You were right on, everyone! It was Kai Satou!"

Kai looks so helpless and terrified...

"Next, the Keymaster! Eheehee, the fierce battle between you three was a true sight to see! Amazing! It was Sara Chidouin and (F/n) (L/n)!"

"No... Stop it..." Sara pleads.

"Aaand! The Sacrifice! The one who dies with objective incomplete issss..."

"Please...!!!" Both Sara and I cry out.

Miley continues.

"Tadaaah! It was Jou Tazuna!"

"NO!!!"

My legs moved on their own and I ran up to Joe and hugged him. I ended up crying into his chest.

He's shaking...

"Haha...ha... Well...what to say..." Joe barely manages to say the words. I pull my face away. "Stupid!! What are you laughing about!?" I screech in his face. He ruffles my hair before addressing everyone. "Guys... Sorry...for tricking you..." Q-taro slams his fists on the desk. "D...Dumbass!! What're you sorry about!? You...'cause of us, you...you...!! Don't you feel bitter!?"