Prologue

***

His hands were in his Giorgio Armani pants' pockets as he scanned the big museum. It was filled with different kinds of arts and statues.

He had always been fascinated by the idea of paintings and canvases, brushes and the artist's imaginations.

He sighed when he heard the crowd's murmurs as he passed by them, running into some of their broad shoulders.

The painting gets near every time he takes a step. He expects his heart to beat rapidly again, like it always does whenever its presence would be inches away from him.

Then, he stopped. Just right in front of it. He stares- searches for answers.

Why do I always go here?

He asks himself. Big tears form in his eyes as he brings his hand to his chest, clenching it hard when his heart felt like it was breaking.

The painting was large he had to look up a bit to see it wholly. The first time he ever saw this was at an auction. He still remembered the way he shivered when his eyes landed on it.

For a moment, he thought about buying the painting. But he was frozen in his spot, breathing heavily as he tried to recover.

When it was sold, he just knew he had to have it to himself. But the owner wouldn't sell as it was, in his words, 'tenuous.'

He looks down and reads the small text again where his eyebrows always furrowed out of curiosity when he sees the letters of his name written beautifully in cursive.

"Quoi qu'il en soit, vous devez revenir, Chuck."

"Who are you?" He mutters under his breath.
---------------—————————————-