Chapter 20: The End

"This is. . . ridiculous, Charles!" Lily shrieked in disbelief. He had to admit though, when he said it out loud, it did sound very unbelievable.

"I could not agree more." Blair was in total shock. For a moment she thought Chuck was a maniac. But then again, she did experience going through the portal herself, making it a lot easier to believe his whole story.

"Blair, I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner that I wasn't the real Chuck Bass." Chuck wanted to hold her hand, but felt hesitant to do so for all of his lies.

The brunette didn't feel the need to be mad at him- except the fact that he completely ditched her in their wedding.

He expected a slap, but he received a warm smile instead. His heart felt hopeful that she wasn't furious for the whole 'what's-the-backstory-of-this-painting' shenanigans.

"It's not your fault you had to do all that. Curiosity can sometimes take control over us, humans too." Blair held his hand this time, squeezing tightly to let him know that it was okay. That she forgives him, but of course he had to make it all up to her by bringing her home and. . . well, marry her.

Home. Eleanor, Cyrus, Dorota. . . she was hoping they weren't a mess right now. With her disappearance on the most important day of the month, surely it was chaotic in the other world.

Chuck was about to get the painting when Mr. Brown appears. Blair goes pale and her eyes widen at his presence.

"Mr. Brown?!" She stood up, and took a closer look to see if it really was him. Chuck never mentioned him. It was only about him suddenly being in another place and another time and how his intentions were only to find the artist behind the mysterious painting.

"Hi, sweetheart." The elder man said, and took his hat off.

"Do you have anything to do with this, too?" She asks in confusion. Lily and Serena excuse themselves so they can all have coffee. Chuck led them to the elevator, returning shortly to join Blair.

"I can safely say that I play a huge part in this whole situation." He grins, puts his stick down and sits on the couch.

"Someone please clarify things. I demand the whole explanation." She glares at Chuck, and then at Mr. Brown. The two men exchange glances, trying to ask each other for help.

In the end, Mr. Brown had lost and had to explain to Blair every single detail. The brunette listened intently to every word, not wanting to get confused because apparently, there were so much to know.

It had upset her very much to know about Harold. Mr. Brown spoke very well of him, and she felt very guilty.

"All this time, I despised him for what he did, but really he was just trying to secure my future. He may have ran off with Roman but we do crazy things for love, do we not?" Blair wipes the tears that spilled from her beautiful brown eyes.

"We definitely do." Chuck agrees and pulls her to a tight hug. She felt so small and fragile in his arms, but Chuck's assurance that everything was going to be okay slowly made her feel braver and braver.

"I have to take her home. Is there a deadline again?" Chuck asks Mr. Brown, as he takes a moment to stand up. He tells Chuck to get the painting that he purchased from Mr. Jones.

The brunette immediately runs to the bedroom and fetch the item, not wasting a second.

"Here." He places it in front of them. Mr. Brown stares at it to understand the meaning behind it. Blair truly had talent.

She painted their tree, and she painted them below it where Chuck leaned into it's thick trunk and Blair leaned into his wide chest. They watched the sun set, where she used the prettiest shade of orange. Some birds, because she was sure she heard a few tree sparrows hum a tune she had never heard of. Blair was painting the view in front of her, and overall, it looked very heavenly.