The date

You wake up and you see that it's dark outside. Duke is awake and scrolling through TikTok so you turn around so you can see him better. He notices you and instantly smiles and puts his phone down. "Hey, did you have a good sleep?" He asks you. You smile and reply with "yeah thanks it was good.". Duke smiles even more and then says "I do have a dead arm now though" and he laughs. You apologise and you both laugh more.

"So did you want to watch a film or go out somewhere? I'm happy to do whatever you want." Duke smiles while asking you. You think for a minute and then smile. "I mean technically earlier you did ask if I wanted to go on a date and I said yes so I mean we could do that.". Duke smiles while you say it and then he says back "Okay, where do you want to go? We can go anywhere you want.". You're not sure where to choose so you tell Duke to surprise you.

You're in Dukes car and you have the music turned up all the way. Duke is singing to the songs and you say to him "pop off Trina" and you laugh. He shakes his head and says "oh my gosh, don't you start that as well." and you both laugh and start singing again.

You pull up into the car park and Duke stops the music. "We're here" Duke says to you. You look outside and say "where are we exactly?" And you both laugh. "Don't worry just come in." Duke says to you so you get out the car and follow him into the restaurant. Once you get to the front of the restaurant you see that you're at Saddle Ranch.

You both sit down and look at the menus. You get the Hollywood Burger and Duke gets the New York Strip. For drinks, you both get Pepsi. 

You both sit in silence, taking sips from your drinks. "Sorry, I'm so awkward. I feel like on a date you would normally ask the person about them self but we already know each other." you laugh while saying this. Duke swallows the Pepsi he just drunk and they says "yeah, it's alright though. Well have stuff to talk about." he smiles at you do you smile back.

*25 minutes later*
Your food finally comes out and you and Duke thank the waiter as she walks away. You both start eating and then Duke says "so... where do you see yourself in 5 years?". You swallow your food and say "I'm not sure to be honest. Hopefully I'll have a good job and I would've settled down a bit. How about you?". Duke nods his head to what you say and then says "I'm not sure either. I want to have my own house but I'm not sure if I want to stay in LA or go back to Utah. Obviously I love LA but the houses are so much more affordable in Utah so I could get a better house over there.". You agree with Duke and you both carry on eating.

You both finish eating and Duke asks if you wanna get dessert. You say if he is then you will do you both end up deciding to look at the dessert menu and then decide if you want something. After looking in the menu, you both decide not to get anything and if you want something later you'll just go somewhere else. You say to Duke "so are we paying half each?". Duke laughs and says "No... I'll pay. Why would I make you pay if I'm taking you on a date?". You smile and say "but I'll feel bad if you pay for it all.". Duke doesn't care and he pays for it all anyway. You thank him for the meal and then you both get back into his car and start singing as loud as you can again.