ss/ps: holly jolly christmas

~ micheal bublé

When I read books, I now imagine everyone in masks, and when they're hugging I'm just like, "it's COVID, can you not?" 

Anyways...

"But we're not stupid -- we know we're called Gred and Forge"

__________________________

(Y/N)'s POV

Christmas is just around the corner. With everything going on at Hogwart, I've decided to stay.

I didn't know how to tell Anika this though, I knew she was super excited to see me again, so I made up some excuse:

Dear Anika,

I've decided to stay at Hogwarts this break. We have a huge project that's due right after the holidays, and I don't want to fail it. Of course, it's in Potions. I was really excited to see you, though. 

There's also so much going on here, and I'm sure it's probably the same for you. Don't worry, I will never stop writing to you though! 

Merry soon-to-be Christmas!

Love,

(Y/N) (L/i)

Anika's response made me feel a lot better though:

Dear (Y/N),

Of course its Potions, everyone hates Snape. That's why I suspect he hates his job. No worries though. I am very busy. You know my Auror job, they put me as one of the people to figure out who robbed Gringotts. An investigator is a better way to put it. 

I've quit the other job as a barista, after all, now that you're at Hogwarts, there's no need to hide the job I've got.

Merry soon-to-be Christmas!

Love,

Anika

This made me feel a lot better, though.

Harry was obviously staying at Hogwarts too because of the muggles he lives with. Ron was staying at Hogwarts as well, his parents went to Romania to visit his brother, Charlie.

"I do feel so sorry, for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home," said Malfoy in Potions class. He was obviously directing it toward Harry.

"Just ignore him -- I bet his father doesn't want him at home -- I mean who would want that," I said to Harry, who actually looked like he felt better after I said it.

When we left the dungeons at the end of Potions, we ran into a tree, blocking the corridor, with two enormous feet at the bottom.

"Hi, Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked.

"Nah, I'm alright, thanks, Ron."

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" said a rude, cold voice that I recognized as Malfoy. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose -- that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to."

"Shut up, Malfoy," I said coldly. But Ron wasn't planning on using his words, he just lunged himself at Malfoy.

"WEASLEY!" yelled Snape. Ron let go of Malfoy.

"He was provoked, Professor Snape," said Hagrid defending us. I knew Hagrid's word wasn't going to mean much, if anything at all, to Snape. "Malfoy was insultin' his family."