cøs: looking out for you

~ joy again

If you saw my Spiderhead chapter before I edited it -- I'm sorry if you saw that word. I edited it as soon as I saw it. Thank you @AlmightyDuck6 for pointing it out. (They also suggested an idea in this years plot!!)

I would just like you all to know it was a complete typo and I didn't mean for it to hurt anyone and I fixed it as quickly as possible. I'm so sorry if it offended you, my deepest apologies. 

"You-Know-Who enchanted (Y/N)?"

____________________________

Third Person POV

For a moment there was silence as Harry, (Y/N), Ron, and Lockhart stood in the doorway, covered in muck and slime. 

That was until (Y/N) saw Anika.

"Anika!" (Y/N) said, and at the same time, Anika screamed, "(Y/N)!"

(Y/N) ran right into her arms and hugged her so tightly, you would think it was (Y/N)'s last hug. 

The hug lasted a moment, it wasn't until they separated that (Y/N) noticed Professor Dumbledore was standing by the mantelpiece, beaming, next to Professor McGonagall, who was taking great, steadying gasps, clutching her chest. Fawkes swooshed past Harry's ear and settled on Dumbledore's shoulder, just as Harry found himself and Ron being swept into Anika's embrace. 

"Thank you so much for saving her! How did you do it?" she said.

"I think we'd all like to know that," said Professor McGonagall weakly.

Anika let go of Ron and Harry, who hesitated for a moment, then walked over to the desk and laid upon it the Sorting Hat, the ruby encrusted sword, and what remained of Riddle's diary. 

Then he started telling them everything. For nearer a quarter of an hour he spoke into the rapt silence: He told them about hearing the disembodied voice, how Hermione had finally realized that he was hearing a basilisk in the pipes; how he, Ron, and (Y/N) had followed the spiders unto the forest, that Aragog had told them the last victim of the basilisk had died; how he guessed that Moaning Myrtle had been the victim, and that the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets might be in her bathroom....

"Very well," said Professor McGonagall, who couldn't help but sound proud of the four. "So you found out where the entrance was -- breaking a hundred school rules into pieces along the way, I might add -- but how on earth did you all get out of there alive, Potter?"

Harry continued talking, his voice turning raspy from all the talking he was doing. He told them about Fawkes' timely arrival in the Chamber of Secrets, he told them about the Sorting Hat and the sword. But then he faltered. He had so far avoided mentioning the diary -- or (Y/N). She was standing near Anika, looking as though she were waiting for me to mention how she was cursed. What if they expelled her? Harry thought worriedly. Riddle's diary didn't work anymore.... How could they prove it had been he who'd made her do it all?

Harry looked from (Y/N) to Dumbledore, who smiled faintly. 

"What interests me most," said Dumbledore gently, "is how Lord Voldemort managed to enchant (Y/N), when my sources tell me he is currently in hiding in the forests of Albania.

Relief -- warm, sweeping, glorious relief -- swept over Harry. 

"What?" said Anika, worried. "You-Know-Who enchanted (Y/N)?"

"It was this diary," said Harry quickly, picking it up and showing it to Dumbledore. "Riddle wrote it when he was sixteen...."

Dumbledore took the diary from Harry and peered keenly down his long, crooked nose as its burnt and soggy pages.