Chapter 45

First takes place before Draco arrives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV

My body was thrown against the cold hard floor of what I could only assume to be a cellar. I didn't have my wand with me since it was back at the Burrow. There wasn't much I could do with it anyways. I'm dying. This is it.

"Dad?" A voice cracked in the dimly lit room. 

I slowly moved my head to see my son Teddy and Scorpius both beside me. I smiled lightly, knowing they were okay. 

That smile soon vanished as I yelped in pain from what felt like my intestines turning into knots within one another.

"Dad, please. Please don't die!" Teddy yelled, pulling me into a hug.

Responding was nearly impossible, but I managed to get out a couple of words. "I won't." I promised. 

"Oh Harry, haven't you learned to never keep a promise you can't keep?" Crabbe's voice sounded from the other side of the cell. "After all. None of you will be leaving this place alive." He jestered.

I growled at him. "Shut up." I yelled, hacking up blood as I did so.

He won't be getting away with this. I may be in everlasting pain, but if he thinks he can hurt my kids and get away with it, then he's got another thing coming. Obviously he doesn't know my family well enough.

Crabbe seemed to laugh. "There's nothing that you can do, Harry. You're useless. Especially when I've got these." He flashed the rings before me.

The rings.

Those are his weakness. Without them, he's powerless. I just have to get them and destroy them.

"Crabbe. Draco's received the note." A death eater entered the room and told him.

"Good. He'll be here soon then. Get into positions. We'll soon have more guests."

Crabbe left for upstairs, followed by the death eater. We were left in silence.

Well, not silence if you counted my labored breathing, groans, and constant gagging.

"Dad." Teddy cried along with Scorpius.

"Please no. Someone help him." Scorpius cried.

"Scorpius." Teddy called. The two pulled each other into a tight embrace, terrified of what might happen next.

"-Okay. Draco will f-find us." I told them. "-on't worry." I tried to comfort them, but in my current condition that seemed increasingly impossible.

I groaned in pain again and wrapped my hands around my head in hopes of getting the pain to stop.

"He's d-dying! Scorpius, what are we gonna d-do?" Teddy begged his best friend.

Scorpius whispered to Teddy that it would be okay. That the others would be here soon and we had no reason to worry.

Someone quickly came around the corner and Scorpius shouted, "Dad!" Before running to the bars of the cell.

"Shh." Draco quickly silenced him. "Are you all alright?" He asked.

"Draco. It's dad. He's not doing so well." Teddy sobbed.

"I know. I brought the potion. Let's get you guys out of here." He told us.

"No-Draco." I tried to warn him, but my words weren't coming out very clearly. "Trap." I muttered before coughing more blood up onto the floor.

He sighed. It seems he knew it would be a trap, but didn't care.