Chapter 23

Draco's POV

"Draco?" Harry called.

"Yes?" I hummed.

"Are you gonna get off me? We've gotta get the kids ready for school."

My eyes opened wide. I laid on top of Harry, wrapped in my dark green sheets. "Oh sorry, I didn't realize how late it's gotten." I said, getting off of him and getting out of bed.

"It's alright. I'm gonna get ready and make breakfast, you wake up the kids?"

"Sure thing." Harry and I both got some clothes on and finished getting ready for the day. Afterwards, Harry left for the kitchen to make breakfast and I went to each of the kid's rooms.

Scorpius' room is the closest to mine and so I woke him up first. "Scorpius, time to get up. You've got school."

"Oh, five more minutes." He groaned and went back to snoring in sleep.

I sighed. "Alright. You've forced my hand." I said before falling flat on him.

"Ah! Dad!" He screamed, trying to push me off of him.

"Are you awake?"

"Yes! I'm up! Now get off me!"

"Good." I said standing up. "Harry's making breakfast. Get ready."

"Yeah, yeah."

I laughed before leaving for Teddy's room.

"Teddy! Time to get up."

"Do I have to?" He groaned.

"Yes. Now don't make me crush you like I did Scorpius."

"He's heavy! Don't let him!" Scorpius shouted from the other room.

"I'm up!" Teddy bolted out of bed.

"Hey! I'm not that heavy."

"Sure, dad. Whatever you say." Scorpius said coming into the room.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Just finish getting ready, you two. You've got school soon."

I left the room and headed downstairs in the kitchen to find Harry making waffles, eggs and cutting up fresh fruit. "It looks amazing." I said hugging him from behind.

"Well, of course. It's coming from me after all." He responded dramatically.

"Someone's certainly filling their oats this morning." I replied, kissing him on the cheek.

"It's not the same unless I say at least one remark towards you a day."

"You're right."

"Now, go sit down. Foods almost ready."

I sat at the table. Teddy and Scorpius joined me only a few minutes later as Harry set plates of food in front of us, along with my coffee, and then sat down himself.

The morning went on as usual. A nice light conversation filled the table.

Afterwards, we dropped the kids off at school. Then Harry and I parted ways going to work.

Nowadays I spend most of the time balancing between patients and  experimenting and researching anything that can help with Harry's condition. I no longer take breaks or do much chit chatting with my fellow colleagues.

Time is running out and the least I can do for Harry is to find a cure, even if it pains me.

"Healer Malfoy. Someone is here to see you." Another healer came into my office.