Chapter 3: Sage

You'd been in the middle of a double shift at the hospital when you were asked to help respond to a strange 911 call.

"It's a case that needs a super." Dr. Hale said looking at you seriously.

"What happened?" Sage asked.

"The call said animal attack." He explained.

"Shit. Anyone we know involved?" You asked.

"Someone you know might be." He said with a dark undertone.

"Like?"

"Well, it was a coordinated group attack on the new pack of shifters that moved to town. So who do think?"

"New pack? Since when? Also there's no way he's back."

"I don't know how long they've been here. You should probably warn Willow though."

"All right. I'll get going."

Hale knew about Willow's family. He didn't bring it up in front of Willow because she was uncomfortable around him. Hale used to be friends with her brother , Malcolm the new alpha of the pack until he revealed to be an even bigger monster than his father. You headed to the ambulance bay where Kelly (a fox shifter) and Brian (a bear shifter) where loading up.

"Hey!" Kelly said distractedly.

"The victims mate is rather distraught. She's human." Brian said as you climbed into the ambulance.

You were off. You made it to the park. You followed the dispatcher's instructions and found a very disturbing scene. A man clearly torn apart by something big and vicious. Then you saw Daisy. Daisy? You helped pull her away from him so that the other paramedics could do their work to help the shifter. Daisy tried to avoid questions about his identity and what he truly was. She was trying to be a good mate. You knew that you had her look into your eyes. You let your cat come to the surface briefly. You watched her face go from resolute to confused to realization. She then told you everything. Her pack had taken in a runaway abused female shifter. Your heart sank. It was Malcolm. You didn't need to know anymore to know that it was definitely him behind this. You got Daisy and Jin to the hospital. He was rushed to surgery.

"Tell Hale that I'm staying with the mate." You said and you went back to Daisy.

You kept her company while she was waiting for her alpha and his friend to arrive at the hospital. You were doing your best to keep her positive. You were confident in the team's ability to her Jin.

A feeling washed over you. You couldn't be sure what it was. Then you heard someone enter the waiting room. You turned and the feeling intensified. Mate.

You saw a big man who looked like a tank and then a slight smaller man behind him. Both of their faces etched in worry. Then you locked eyes with the smaller man and you knew it was him. The bigger man growled in frustration about this not being the best time to do this. He had a point. You explained the situation as professionally as possible. You couldn't help peak at your mate. He was handsome, very handsome. He was also cute. You didn't think a person could be both but he was.

" I came to sit with Daisy, here. She helped me and my friend find our apartment. I'm Sage by the way. I'm a panther." You said extending a hand.

"Oh I bet you are kitten." He said winking suggestively.

The bigger one, Namjoon you think Daisy called him, groaned and rolled his eyes. Daisy choked on a laugh. You looked at him deadpan making your mate's bravado falter. Surely he could better than that.