Chapter 12: Sage

The phone rang twice before a groggy voice answered the phone.

"Sage?" Your father's voice called.

"Hey Dad." You said softly.

"What's up? It's the middle of the night..." he said voice heavy from sleep.

"Dad... Something is happening. Willow's pack... They are back." You said trying to remain calm.

"What?! Where are you? I'm on my way." He said and you could tell he was getting out of bed.

"Dad, no. We have friends who are protecting us." You said trying to calm him down.

"You think I'd trust the protection of my daughters to just anyone?" He spat.

"Dad their our mates." You said firmly.

"Your... what now?" He asked and the sound of him rushing about stopped.

"I found my mate, dad. So did Willow." You explained.

"I see. Are they shifters?" He said warily.

"Yes, wolves. They are apart of a pack. Before you get your panties in a wad about the pack thing. Listen to me. The pack is lead by a man named Kim Namjoon. He's a good alpha. You can ask anyone. They are protecting us and another female who escaped the pack." You explained.

"Is this Kim Namjoon your mate?" He asked sounding far away.

"No, my mate's name in Min Yoongi. Willow's is Jung Hoseok." You said.

Your father was silent for a long time. You knew that you'd just thrown a lot of information at him all at once. You were sitting on the balcony attached to Yoongi's bedroom. Yoongi stepped out on the balcony shirtless in his sweats carrying two glasses of wine. His hair wet from showering. You eyed him shamelessly. He smirked at you and took the chair next to you. He handed your wine. You took it. You looked at your phone to make sure your father hadn't hung up.

"Dad?" You said quietly.

"I'm here. I just... that was a lot of information to taken in all at one time." He said softly.

"I know dad. I called because we need help. I don't mean you fly across the world. I mean we need you to send one of your friends." You said putting extra emphasis on the word friends.

"Willow is ok with this idea?" He asked doubtful.

"She doesn't have much of a choice. We need the help. We need someone who can actually punish these shifters. We need a witch. A powerful one." You said hoping he'd know who you meant.

"Oh... I'll ask her. I can't guarantee anything. She doesn't travel alone anymore. She has a shifter. They aren't mates. They are companions. She saved the shifter or something. I'll call her." He said knowingly.

"Thank you, dad. You'll let me know her decision?" You asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Thank you. Love you." You said softly.

"Love you and Willow. Be careful." He said and the line went dead.

You set the phone down and picked up the wine glass. You took a drink. You set the glass down and sighed. You'd done what you could. You hoped that she was feeling in a generous mood lately. Or at least in a helpful one.

"Who is this 'her' you are asking about?" Yoongi asked as he sipped his wine and watched the sunset.

"Her name is Poppy. She's a very young and powerful witch. She has powers that are unique. She has abilities that have never been seen or heard of." You said quietly.