Chapter 17: Sage & Yoongi

Yoongi woke with you wrapped around him. It was perfect. He just stared down at you asleep on his chest for awhile. You were so peaceful that he never wanted to move. He would keep you like this in his bed forever. He stroked your hair lightly. He smiled to himself at how lucky he was to have someone like you in his life. Someone so vibrant and fearless. You were a force of nature.

Suddenly your cellphone started to ring. Your head shot up and you went to answer it. Yoongi felt lonely for moment from the loss of contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello" you said sleepily into the phone.

You hadn't looked at the ID. You weren't sure who was calling you. There weren't many people who did. If they did it must be important.

"Sage, it's Hale." Said the voice on the other end.

"Dr. Hale? What? What is going on?" You asked sitting up straighter and becoming more awake.

You felt Yoongi tense behind you. He didn't like Hale. He'd never really met him but he didn't like the fact that he'd ever had thoughts of being with you. That was Yoongi's Wolf's possessiveness coming out.

"Some men came to the ER today. They were looking for you. They... They gave me a message." Hale said his voice full of fear.

You couldn't breathe. The blood in your veins froze. You felt the world closing in on you. You felt Yoongi take the phone from your hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoongi put the phone to his own ear. You'd gone rigid. You were probably in shock.

"This is Sage's mate Yoongi. What was the message?" He said firmly.

"They said that if they don't get the boy they'll start taking hostages. I assume the message went through others as well. There was a ruckus at the library, diner, and dance studio. People are getting suspicious. You need to end this or give up the kid. These maniacs aren't scared of discovery. That doesn't just mean bad things for them. It's all of us. The supers of this town have done their best to live in peace with the humans. We don't want to have to start our lives over again. Fix this." Hale said and hung up the phone.

Yoongi set your phone down and knelt before you. He looked up at you with concern and love. He didn't know what to do.

"Go find Willow. I need her. Find Namjoon. Tell him." You said softly.

"Sage..." He tried to say.

"Yoongi please." You said your voice small and far away.

Yoongi did as you asked. He dressed and left the rooms. He was met in the hall by Willow herself.

"I need..."

"I know. Go."

The pair parted for their separate routes. He met Hoseok, Jin, and Tae at the door to Namjoon's door. Namjoon threw open the door. Rose scampered out and headed in the direction of Jin and Daisy's rooms. Namjoon let them all inside. They all sat in the private living area.

"Rose got a call from Rita at the diner." Namjoon said.

"Daisy got one from her mother." Jin said softly.

"Her mother? Her parents don't call?" Yoongi said astonished.

"No they don't. A couple of thugs, as she called them, showed up and threatened them. They called the police but they could do nothing. How are we supposed to protect people thousands of miles away?" Jin asked running his hands through his hair.