Our Son (Part 36)

🖤 36

**Mmelokuhle**

After hearing her say that my emotions are all over the place it totally slip my mind that he might come for my son as well. I really have no idea why I was only worried about that fucker taking my wife from me and not that I’m not confident in what we have it’s just that sometimes its really hard replacing someone’s first love. 

I need to get her to sign our marriage certificate as soon as possible. We get home and I open the car door for her.

“We home.” Why the fuck am I sulking. My wife is a beautiful woman any guy would be lucky to have her. And her heart chose me I should relax a bit.

When we get inside Nkazimulo is already on my case about not coming back last night as I promised. Can he leave me alone I had to drive back here again I’m tired. Lindiwe tells us that there’s someone waiting to see my wife.

“You have to be fucken kidding me!” I say very irritated and very much annoyed when I see who it is.

“Nompumelelo can I please talk to you.” 

“Mbuso what are you doing here?” 

I hold my wife’s hand and she squeezes mine. I love how she is allowing me to lead her right now. She is a very proud woman so her doing this means a lot to me.

“I just need a minute with you to explain and maybe see my son…please.” Not a chance.

The urge to punch him in the face is consuming my whole body but I’m not that guy any anymore.

“Now is not a good time.” My lovely wife tells him. Anytime will never be a good time for him to be near my wife or my son.

“Nompumelelo please…for old time sake.” WTF!! I want to say something but my son comes rushing into my arms.

“Mma! Aunty Carol says I’m ready for school.  Did you tell her daddy?”

“Of course I did! Remember I said we will speak with her when we got home?”

“Yes but…” his mother cuts him off.

“Lwandlelwethu where are your manners?” If she wants my son to greet this fucker she has another thing coming. 

I frown looking at her while she raises her eyebrows at me.

“Lwandle bulisa please.” 

My son buries his face in my neck. I’m with him on this one we don’t know this  fucker. I don’t have time for bullshit I must go away from this to cool off before I lose my mind. I walk away with my son.

“Nompumelelo are you going to let him take my son kanjalo nje?” He says behind me.

“Nompumelelo when I come back there your guest better be out of my house.”

I know this is unkind of me to say that because of who I am but who gives a shit.

“Dad…”

“Yes my boy.”

“Who is that man.”

“Someone you shouldn’t worry yourself about. Did you see my granny today…how is she?”

We both laying in bed. What is taking her so long I feel bad for leaving her like that but I know myself I would have punched him If I stayed there longer.

“You mean my grandmother…she spoke to me today.” 

“Is that so?”

I’m listening to him telling me all he did with Carol and my grandmother but my mind is all over the place. She once told me that this fucker was the love of her life she even mourn him for 3 full years and now his back…he better stay away or I wont even think twice in going back to my old days.