2. Unanticipated Feels

*** Quinn's POV ***

"Well, I didn't think I'd be hearing from you anytime soon. How is my son, the pornstar?" My mother answered the phone.

I cringed, knowing this was going to be uncomfortable. "Uh, hi Mom. Sorry that I haven't returned your calls. I'm sure you can imagine my hesitation."

"Oh I just figured you were too busy shoving your dick into random orifices. I figured that you'd slow down at some point and face me. What happened? Gonorrhea take you out of commission?" My mother had always been a straight shooter, speaking uncomfortable truths instead of sugarcoating.

"No, Mom. No STD. Just time to swallow my pride and face you."

"I'm sure that's not the worst thing that you have swallowed this week." She muttered. She had every right to give me shit. I hadn't exactly been the world's best son and that was amplified recently when she found out the modeling that I told her I was doing is actually porn. How did she find out, you ask?

"Imagine my surprise when the girls at work are getting all worked up over some young thing on some website. They're telling me how long and thick his dick is. How they'd spread themselves and bend over for him gladly. Thankfully, Shannon had her wits about her and the decency to pull me aside when she revealed this new stud on the porn scene was none other than my baby boy. I didn't believe her. So she showed me the tamest thing she could. Quinn, how did this happen? I know I was a single mom, but I thought I raised you better than this!"

I winced through every fucking moment of that tirade. This grand reveal with my mom's co-workers happened weeks ago and she had left me variations of that lecture nearly every day on my voicemail. And apparently, she had also tracked down Mir. Don't underestimate the cunningness of a pissed-off mother.

"Look Mom. It's just sex. I have guidelines, boundaries that I don't cross." I tried to explain.

"Are you sticking your dick in a hole for money?" She seethed.

"Yes." I grumbled.

"Then I rest my case. What happened to the modeling? I thought you were doing that." She asked.

"My agent screwed me over." I replied through gritted teeth. "But that was a while ago, Mom."

"This Mir fella? Why the hell are you still with him then? And what do you mean this happened a while ago?" She demanded.

"Ugh. No, Mom. I fired my other agent. Mir has been really great. And ... ugh, I've been in porn now for close to two years. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you." I apologized. She was silent on the other end, which I knew was not a good sign. "Mom?"

"Why did you lie to me, Quinn?" She asked in a low growl of a tone.

"Because of this. I knew you wouldn't understand." I huffed.

"We have been through quite a lot in your twenty-eight years on this Earth. You should feel like you can talk to me." She replied with what sounded like desperation in her voice.

She was right, of course. In my childhood, we dealt with my dad coming and going, in and out of our lives and eventually disappearing forever. We dealt with her leaving me alone at night so she could work a thankless job and put food on the table. We dealt with the death of her mother, my grandmother, with whom we were both close. It had always been Mom and me, through the shit and the bright moments.