The signs as royalty

Aries: An emperor decked in robes made from spiders silk, attendants watching silently as the room fills with pipe smoke. The rain outside the palace grows louder, he is deep in thought.

Taurus: The usurper, the hunter of kings. Golden Diadems crushed underfoot. A twisted hunting horn, a gift from something thought long dead.

Gemini: A philosopher king, a holy king, a conqueror and a liberator. Evenings in the palace archives filled with tea and chess and maps of lands he has never met. A veil, a crooked walking stick.

Cancer: A dead queen, but a queen nonetheless. Clothing covered in shimmering azure beads. Exposed bone and fossilized flesh deftly manipulate sewing needles made from her fathers ribs.

Leo: A young king, a king who never should have been. Watery blue eyes, and grit teeth, trying to stay composed till the last moment. A king that would give everything.

Virgo: A wild queen, more scars than flesh, disfigured by years of war. A cruel, damaged blade at her side, festering with the scent of a recent kill. Gauze strips inlaid with arcane symbols, glowing faintly in the starlight.

Libra: A mysterious ruler, ever silent, ever masked. A great, white steed with unblinking eyes and decked in barbed armor.

Scorpio: A holy queen, though none would rightly guess so. Sight beyond. Grisly rituals. Quiet dead. A queen of rest.

Sagittarius: A queen in finery that strolls the boulevards of the castle town. Her affect is not one of carelessness, it is one of confidence. Bodyguards watch her every step, moving in the shadows like cats.

Capricorn: A lost king, hidden far from the sun and wind. Those who venture too far north slowly begin to hear him. How sweetly he sings, how lonely his song. A ruined, sunken court.

Aquarius: A mad king. Whispers in the night of impending treachery, of spies in the walls, of lying allies. He assembles his cabinet in the dark of night, and makes plans for war.

Pisces: A queen of thieves. She sits sideways on the throne, idly twirling the crown around her finger.

Sounds about right. ♍