Chapter 1 ~ 2741 Galling Street ~ George's POV

Hope you enjoy the first chapter of my first fan fiction!! I had so much fun writing this! I'll put trigger warnings at the beginning of each chapter I think would need one! Stay safe lovelies and happy reading!

TW: abuse

"George! Come outside and help me bring the rest of the boxes in from the truck! George! GEORGE!"

"Alright alright mum I'm coming calm down!"

I reluctantly crawled off of my twin bed that still didn't have any sheets on it.

Those boxes must still be in the moving truck. I thought as I put my red high tops back on.

As I walked out of the propped open front door where movers were bringing a couch my mum had previously ordered into the quaint living room, I walked past the lobby desk and waved to the secretary sitting there. She had her blonde hair up in a bun and gave me a warm smile before she said, "Welcome to Florida."

I wasn't sure how she knew I had just moved to Florida, until I walked out to the street where my mum was standing prepared to hand me some boxes, and I realized just how hot and humid it was here, even in March on a cloudy day. Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead and as I looked down at my chest I realized I was still wearing my blue sweatshirt that now had even more perspiration around the neckline. At this time, it would still be raining non stop back in London. Just the thought of home made my eyes sweat as much as the rest of me and I had to swallow to keep the tears from rolling down my cheeks. But I guess, now this was home, 2741 Galling Street, Apartment #5, Orlando fucking Florida.

It's been almost 3 months since my parents got divorced, and just a couple of hours since my mum and I moved into our new apartment. It wasn't really a sudden decision, they were constantly arguing, and not always with words. It was especially bad when my dad would come home drunk at one in the morning. Since I was old enough to understand what was going on, I constantly wore a sweatshirt to cover the bruises. My mum rarely left the house the last year or so in fear of people seeing what he did to us. Within the last couple of months something changed in my timid mother and she finally made the decision to leave my dead beet dad and tell the authorities what had been going on.

We spent the next few weeks talking to the police and finally my father was sentenced to 10 years. I wish he was gone for life but that's all he got. Plus, any bit away from him I would take graciously, with my dad in jail I didn't have to worry about sleeping over at a friend's house every other night anymore, which is something my best friend Tommy and his family were letting me do for around 2 years.

So yeah, that's the story of my jackass father, so it's not like I didn't see the divorce coming, it was what happened two weeks ago that I didn't expect.

Two weeks ago ~ George's mum's apartment in the UK

"George, pack your stuff, we're moving!"

"What?! Mum where are we going? What are you talking about?"

After my dad went away, my mum and I moved into a small and crappy 2 bedroom apartment in upper London.

"Florida."

"Florida?! Are you insane mum? Isn't that in the United States?"

"Precisely, it'll be good to put the past behind us and have a fresh start!"

By now I had come out into the living room and looked at my mum, frantically packing everything into boxes. And by packing, I mean throwing random stuff into containers.