Chapter - 9

(So Tony and (Y/N) now know the truth, but will (Y/N) give Tony a chance at being the father he never was?... Let's find out)

================================================================================

Tony and Bruce were now in the lab running test's on Loki's sceptre and trying to track the cube, when Bruce decided to try and break the silence.

Bruce: So... (Y/N) is your son?

Tony nodded at him.

Bruce: He's a good kid.

Tony sighed and looked at Bruce.

Tony: You know... For two years I have been watched by S.H.I.E.L.D... His mother even worked for them, which I obviously didn't know... But the worst thing was not knowing, I should have been there for him when she died...

Bruce just nodded and listened, it was weird seeing the man that normal don't give too hells, being this upset about something, but after a few moments of conversing between the two, mainly about (Y/N), the machine started to beep and both men ran to there respective stations... Bruce grabbed a device and held it over Loki's sceptre...

Bruce: The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports of the Tesseract. But it's going to take weeks to process.

Tony: If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster, we can clock this at around 600 teraflops.

Tony says tapping away at his station, once finished he made his way to another station and started to tap away at that one, when Bruce spoke.

Bruce: All I packed was a toothbrush.

He said with a chuckle. Tony gave a giggle as well

Tony: You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime.

He says starting to go back to his normal attitude.

Tony: Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it. It's Candy Land

He says smiling at Bruce, Bruce realises he is just trying to forget about what just happened and he wants to change the subject and Bruce is all for that.

Bruce: Thanks, but the last time I was in New York, I kind of broke Harlem.

Tony slow and subtly makes his way next to Bruce hold a small pointy stick, twirling in his hands.

Tony: Well, I promise a stress-free environment... Plus (Y/N) will be there... Hopefully.

Tony then walks behind Bruce.

Tony: No tension, no surprises.

Tony then pokes the stick in to Bruce's side making a small jolt of electricity go throw the Doctor making him well in pain... Bruce looks at Tony and smirks as Tony stares in to Bruce's eyes trying to see if anything changed, that's when he noticed nothing happened and Steve joined the pair.

Steve: Hey!

Tony ignored Steve and asked Bruce.

Tony: Nothing?

Steve approaches the two.

Steve: Are you nuts?

Tony looks at Steve.

Tony: Jury's out.

Tony looks back at Bruce.

Tony: You really have got a lid on it, haven't you?  What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?