7. Secrets and Plans

Pulling up outside D'Qar, your eyes scanned the crowd of sharply dressed individuals waiting for your arrival. Many of them were lower ranking gang members, all here for the heavy lifting and any jobs their superiors didn't feel like doing. 

Your eyes caught a few familiar faces; men you recognised as being Kylo's personal entourage. The fact he was here helped your nerves cease. Rey opened the door for you, taking your hand as you stepped out. You both nodded to your workers as you made your way inside, knowing Poe would be there going over the plan.

"So, the three of us will actually make the interaction. I can handle most of the talking, but I assume you'll want to be in there as well Ren and I won't stop you." Seeing Finn, Poe and Kylo stood around a table under a single light, you and Rey slowly walked over. "Finn and Rey will lead the men around to the exchange point ready to collect the goods. Your guys can stand watch outside of the meeting room, or follow to the collection. That's up to you."

"There's enough of them for both," a low chuckle, "you think I don't have enough men to multitask Dameron?" As Poe looked up from the plans on the table to respond, his eyes caught sight of you.

"There's my golden girl, ready to go baby?" He quickly walked around the table and embraced you, kissing you softly and holding you close to his chest. You knew what he was doing; trying to play happy families in front of Kylo and the rest of the group. He wanted the man to think everything was better and that your relationship was stable. Little did Poe know, Kylo was all too aware of how fragile things were between you. A small smirk crept over Kylo's lips as he watched you quickly pull away from the kiss, eyes meeting for a second before you looked back at the man holding you. "All you have to do is stay by my side, alright doll? Nothing hard; it's a quick chat to finalise the details and then the guys can load the trucks and we'll all be back here before opening." You felt Poe's hand run over your lower back and down onto your arse. "And then... maybe you and I can go for dinner, at that restaurant you like. The one with the balcony that overlooks the city. You and me, no distractions." He gave you bum a quick squeeze, making you bite you lip and smile softly.

"Hands off fly guy, there's more important things to do right now." You lightly pushed his chest and walked past, rounding the table to where he'd previously stood in order to read over the plans. You felt eyes roaming you as you leant against the table, lower half sticking out just enough for a man's thoughts to run away.

"I didn't know song birds came packing?" Kylo remarked, voice dripping with mischief. "So she really is a man killer... Interesting." You looked up at him, standing straight and crossing your arms.

"The only way you could see my gun is if your eyes were in places they shouldn't be, Ren." You mirrored his smirk, licking your bottom lip as everyone else in the room faded out of your mind. His presence consumed you to the point that it felt you were the only people there.

He stepped closer, one hand on the table as he tilted his head. "What are you gonna do princess, shoot me?"

"I certainly will," Rey chimed in, breaking you both out of your trance and standing behind you, "waiting for an excuse really, scar face." Kylo chuckled, running a hand through his hair and shaking his head.

"Nicknames now? Wow, I'm so glad we've become such close friends warden." You couldn't help the small laugh that fell from your lips as Rey rolled her eyes.

"Everyone out, it's time to go. Kylo, you can ride with me and doll. You two, grab the guys and get the trucks. You've got the address, call me if there's a problem. Meeting back here when it's done. Use the back roads and pull into the merchandise loading bay instead of round the front." The four of you all nodded. You shot Kylo one last glance before walking past and taking Poe's hand that was outstretched for you.