Chapter 11: A Cry For Help

"After careful deliberation, the officials have decided that Miss Reviar is dis--"

"I activate The Weather Rainy Canvas from my hand."

Despite the dead-ness in Sylvia's voice, Yusei was ecstatic to see Sylvia was still responsive. The two boys beside him turned to her in shock. Liquid seemed to be debating whether or not to interrupt the duel and just run over to her right then and there. Thankfully, he stayed in place for a while.

"I use Thunder's new effect given to her by Rainy Canvas to return Gestalt Trap to your hand."

Sylvia banished Thunder, who zapped the black clamp from Cloud's body with a brilliant blue energy beam, then vanished into the Rainy Canvas on her field. Cloud was freed, back to having his abilities.

"I activate Cloud's ability, given to him by Rainbowed Canvas. By banishing him, Cloud allows me to Special Summon another 'The Weather' Monster from my Deck anywhere onto the field."

"Is it just me, or does Sylvia sound a little... dead inside?" Liquid asked Okita.

Okita's gaze was sharp, eyeing Sylvia as carefully as possible. "I don't know... She appears to be in some sort of trance state."

"Is there any way to snap her out of it?" Yusei asked Okita.

Okita huffed a little, most likely still hesitant on giving Yusei any information. Still, he relented. "Unlikely. It appears that 'Professor' doesn't seem to even mind. It leads me to believe that the Professor himself is behind her strange behavior."

Yusei felt a pang of helplessness... and anger. What was the Professor doing?!

"I Special Summon The Weather Painter Sun."

Liquid gasped. "She's still playing along to that card, Light to the Depths! Do you think it's really her in there?"

Liquid didn't get an answer from either of the boys beside him, as Yusei watched The Weather Painter Sun appear on the field as though out of nowhere, wielding his signature giant paintbrush and laughing his Santa laugh. Sylvia had placed him in range of the Rainy Canvas and just outside the range of Cloudy Canvas, meaning she had an agenda for this turn.

"I activate Sun's ability, as given to him through Rainy Canvas. Now, I banish Sun in order to return your Brain Jacker to your hand."

And as Sun flew forward, swiping his brush at Brain Jacker, Rain quickly escaped back to Sylvia's side of the field, and Sun disappeared into Rainy Canvas with Cloud.

Now Rain was on Sylvia's side of the field, with four Canvases active and available, while the Professor had only Mystic Tomato on the field and no Traps or Spells.

Professor Frank smiled. "I'm impressed. Even in the Spirit World, you have found a way to fight back, young Miss Reviar. But not to worry. This duel will end soon."

"Battle." Sylvia pointed at Mystic Tomato. "Rain attacks Mystic Tomato."

"And I presume after that, you intend to activate Thundery Canvas's effect," the Professor guessed ahead of time.

Sure enough, Rain was coated with static electricity and shot Mystic Tomato with a lightning beam before retreating into the Thundery Canvas.

Now both fields were empty of monsters.

"I end my turn."

"Congratulations," Frank said with a smile. "You've negated the damage you would have taken had you not Summoned your 'Sun' card. I'm glad that you can still duel after all of this." He drew a card.

He smiled, but Sylvia acted first.

"I Special Summon The Weather Painters Thunder, Cloud, Rain, and Sun to the field."