𝐎𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐉𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐞||𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

Warning: mentions of eating disorders

"Can I be excused for a moment?" I ask my parents.

"Sure." My dad says.

"Hurry up, babe." Jonathan jokes. I smile and nod.

I quickly go to the bathroom. I kneel down, hanging my head over the toilet. I try to make myself throw up by triggering my gag reflex.

My eyes start to water and I start to throw up. I hear footsteps coming down the hallway. "Babe!?" Jonathan asks, kneeling down beside me. He puts my hair in a makeshift ponytail.

He starts rubbing my back. "You're ok, Y/N/N." He says.

I wipe my mouth off with a tissue. "Thanks." I say. "Are you ok, baby? You were fine just a couple minutes ago. " Jonathan says.

I've never told Jonathan about my eating disorder. I didn't think it was necessary to invite him into my problems, because that's not fair to him. But, we've been dating for about four months now, so not telling him would be unfair as well.

"Jonathan, I have to tell you something." I say. He nods. I take a deep breath, preparing myself on how to tell him. "Well... I have an eating disorder. I have bulimia. I've had it for about a year now."

His facial expression is unreadable. I can't tell if he's sad, mad, or disappointed in me. "Why didn't you tell me until now?" He asks quietly.

"I didn't want you to feel like you had to be there for me 24/7. I didn't-"

He cuts me off. "Listen, you are my girl. I want you to feel safe and I want you to feel like you can tell me anything. And I am gonna try and help you. I don't want you to go through this alone." Tears well in both of our eyes.

He kisses me. "I love you."

"I love you too, Y/N." He says. "So much."

Word count- 319

I don't know how people react to being told that their significant other, family member, or anyone is suffering from an eating disorder. We are learning about nutrition in health and about eating disorders, so that's where I got this idea from. Eating disorders are no joke and they can seriously damage your body. If you have an eating disorder, please, try to get help before it's too late.

XoXo,
RK