8

"What?! No!" Ten exclaimed.

"This isn't happening," Johnny uttered.

The professor chuckled, "It is happening and this is happening because...do you both want to know why?"

Both of them furrowed their eyebrows. Ten crossed his arms and Johnny just sighed. The hybrid doesn't know but he felt nervous just hearing what the professor said. They're being held hostage at this point. He just knows something went wrong and he might just get an idea.

"I saw everything that happened for the past days and, it's just the second week of classes and both of you are going through a tough time together, huh? Those verbal and physical bullying are forbidden in this university. Unfortunately, both of you violated the rules--"

"Oh my god, no...No, this isn't happening," Ten interrupted.

The professor nodded, "As the guidance counselor, I should be giving both of you detentions and other things. This is your first warning and since I don't really like giving students things to do when they violate a rule, because that's boring, I make them do the opposite way."

"Opposite way?"

"Uh-huh. Since both of you hate each other, I'll make you guys spend time with each other by tutoring."

"This is bullshit--fuck, no--I mean...whatever," the hybrid sighed, making himself upset about he probably ruined everything.

"Isn't there any other way to settle things? It might worsen things if we have to...be together," Johnny said.

The professor leaned back against his backrest, "The only way to stop both from cat fighting, no pun intended, is to make both of you team up. Here's a deal, if you, Mr. Suh, fail again on my subject, you'll repeat again and won't be graduating on time. If you, Mr...Ten, didn't help Mr. Suh to pass this semester, you will repeat this subject with him."

"This is so unfair," Ten said with wide eyes. He felt like he's going to faint with everything that is happening to him.

"Both of you violated a rule so might as well pay the consequences."

Johnny sighed, "I don't want to do this with him."

"It isn't a question. You should help each other to pass this semester. I know neither one of you wants to repeat a subject, am I right?" the professor uttered.

Ten sighed, "If I made him pass the semester, then I won't see him anymore, right? This won't happen again?"

"Most likely if both of you learned from each other, understood each other and doesn't violate a rule again," the old man answered, "Both of you are dismissed. I hope to hear good things from you."

Ten went out of the classroom, with Johnny following behind. The man didn't even give the hybrid some words about the 'consequences' and just walks pass by him. The hybrid furrowed his eyebrows before he tried catching up with Johnny.

"Can we talk about this? This is obviously all your fault! If you didn't do that or tried not to be a jerk, we wouldn't be in this mess!" the hybrid uttered.

Johnny stopped with eyebrows furrowed, "Can we talk about your bullshits next time? I'm not in the mood."

"No! We'll talk about it right here, right now! I had good intentions and you still see me like I'm a threat--"

"I don't see hybrids as a threat. Don't get too full of yourself, kitten."

"Then why do you hate me so much?"

It was weird for Ten to ask someone with a question like that. People hates and disgusts him because, mainly, he's born as an only hybrid in his family and, thought he's ill or something. He never really cared what others think of him, to be honest. It's even thrilling when you have people hating on you.

He doesn't even know why he's asking Johnny a stupid question if he was used to people hating him.

"It's because you make me remember so much of the people who ruined my life."

Johnny muttered before leaving Ten. The hybrid stopped and his expression softened a bit as he remembered the thought of Johnny just having a hard time moving on. Before he started hating him to the moon and back, he wanted to understand the man. It was like he just wanted to show empathy to someone, who hates him, for the first time.

The man has his hands inside his pockets, feeling all frustrated. He combed his hair back and sighed heavily, but he stopped on his tracks when Ten stood infront.

"I didn't do anything to you but to try and make fun of you because that's just how I roll...and because you're an asshole--But I'm not like those kinds of people who--who probably kicked you to the mud, left you to die maybe...and made you have hated hybrids to the bones...but I am certainly better than those people."

Johnny scoffed, "You're no better than them."

"Don't be ridiculous, hotshot. I'm better than them because I'm here to help you, remember?"

"Stop pitying me--"

"I'm not, okay? I was asked to help you, wasn't I?" the hybrid answered.

"You can stop pretending, princess. I'll ask that professor if he could do me a favor of replacing you and never get you involve to whatever bullshits I'll be doing. Okay?"

"No, no...you don't understand," Ten sighed, "Here's a deal. If you cooperate with me and let me help you, I promise to stay away from your sight ever again. I can't fail a subject, neither can you so...let's try to suck up each other's personalities, yeah?"

The man clenched his jaw and closed his eyes for a second, "For the first time, I'm concerned about you getting yourself into a mess that you're uncertain with. You can't help me, no one, even my friends--"

"Try me, I dare you."

Ten tried challenging Johnny since he thought he could maybe encourage the man to cooperate with him which could be the reason why he would lose his mind but he wasn't raised to be a quitter.

"Can you try and cooperate with me, just this once?"

Trust wasn't really in Johnny's system when it comes to hybrids. The last time he trusted them was when he was abandoned but ended up almost dying. They never really cared about him but Ten was different. He felt different but he never wanted to admit it.

"Fine, fine," the man answered.

Ten smiled, "I knew you're a softie in the inside."

He tried pinching Johnny's cheek but his hand was put down by the man.

"We're not yet close. Keep those paws to yourself."

"So I have a chance to be friends with you?"

"You answer it, kitten. I'm too tired."