21

Johnny tried calling and texting through the weekend but no one answered back. Another thing he couldn't stop thinking about, besides Ten, was their kiss. His mind never left that scene ever since. He won't deny about that being the best kiss he ever had, though Ten wasn't obviously experienced. Hopefully, Ten didn't take it the wrong way.

He wanted to talk to him and clear things out. He knew that Ten was troubled and confused. Johnny was also curious why would he do. He wasn't a guy who jumps into conclusions. Ten could've done that because he might mistake Johnny for someone.

Nevertheless, he wanted to talk to Ten.

Sadly, Ten wasn't picking his phone up so he decided to personally talk to him at the university.

Johnny made sure he attended university earlier than he used to to wait for Ten by the gate. He shouldn't really do this when a person doesn't want to talk with him but Ten was different. When they started being together for extra lessons every afternoon, he despised the hybrid but time was a part how he started liking being with the hybrid.

He wanted to spend more time with Ten.

But this won't work.

"Johnny!"

The called man looked up, taking his eyes off his phone.

"Oh, Jae. Where's Taeyong?" Johnny asked. If some hasn't got the idea, those two are always together so it's natural to ask them if one is missing.

Jaehyun hummed, "With your kitten."

The man furrowed his eyebrows, "Why? Where are they?"

"I don't know what happened to the both of you but...for now, let Ten have his space."

"What are you saying?"

His friend pats his shoulder, "Give him some time alone--"

"Why are you the one telling me that?! I want him to tell that to my face! I don't want anyone else covering up for him."

"Johnny, you don't understand--"

"You're the one who doesn't understand!"

The man stormed away from his friend. Jaehyun could only sigh as he watched Johnny walking away from him. He tried helping since Ten asked him a favor but of course, it's Johnny. That man is stubborn and would always find things unreasonable.

Why would they even involve him and his boyfriend? Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows as he thought about it.

Johnny walked down the hallways, finding himself trying to call the hybrid again. There could possibly be a hundred of calls just from him and they are all ignored. It's something that hurts Johnny. Should he just go and find him?

Would it be a bad idea or a good idea?

Thinking where Ten could be at a time like this was useless. He doesn't know where the hybrid's safe place, except his home. No one's answering his calls. His friends surely won't let him know anything about Ten. He lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Okay, chill. We can still meet this afternoon. He needs to tutor me," he told himself.

It's just a couple of minutes before he could meet him. There's no way Ten wouldn't go if ever he wants to cancel a week of tutoring. He wants to hear everything from Ten.

Walking towards the usual table they're in, the man patiently waited for the hybrid to come over. Just like what happened weeks ago, when Ten was late and Johnny waited as long as he could. He'll do it again and hopefully, Ten decides to come and talk to him, even if it'll hurt him.

It took a few minutes, almost an hour waiting for Ten. He made himself busy with his camera and overthinking until finally, someone showed up to him.

"Ten--"

"You can study by your own, right? I'm...busy these days but I can give you materials--"

"Can we talk?"

Ten couldn't even look at him in the eye, "I-I don't want to talk about it."

"Why? You did nothing wrong, Ten," Johnny said.

The hybrid looked worried, "Y-You don't understand--"

"Then make me. You're the one who always tries to understand my bullshits and fix my ugly attitude. I can try to understand your prob--"

"Leave me alone, Johnny."

Ten said that straight in Johnny's eyes. That broke Johnny, in all honesty. He won't deny that but he wouldn't want to show it.

No words were added. Ten walked away from Johnny, almost in a hurry before he would do something stupid again. The man didn't follow him and stayed by the table. It left him completely speechless. He stared at a distance before he sighed. All he could do was to stand from the table, grabbing his bag with him and decided to go.

It was useless.

Johnny thought he wouldn't get hurt by a hybrid again.

Guess he was wrong.