The Agency

~Amber~

We pulled into the agency parking lot, after getting lost a few times before we could actually find where it is. I parked and got out of the car.

Tris did the same and we looked up at the talk building. We started walking to the main entrance.

We pulled open the doors and walked in. We went to the receptionist area.

"Um hello I was wondering if I could get some information on my birth parents and every thing? My parents gave me these papers and I would like to know more please." I asked the lady behind the reception desk.

"Please follow me" she said getting up giving me a smile. Wow she was nice. We walked a little farther till we got to a room.

"Please wait here while I go get the 'big man' make yourself at home" she said walking out. Tris started to take out her eyebrow piercing. Everyone knew it was fake but she didn't care.

She just put on these little black pearls that came in packs for fake piercings. She put them in her jean pockets.

I grabbed my phone and went on camera and fixed my teeth, hair and makeup. I need to look presentable.

About 5 minutes later a man walked in and saw us sitting on the couch.

"Hello girls please take a seat at my desk" He said sitting in his chair. We got up from the couch and sat at the chairs at his desk across from him.

"What can I help you with?" He asked.

"Uh hi my name is Amber and I just turned 18 and my parents have me some papers on my birth parents and I would like some information on them" I said pulling out the papers from my purse.

I handed him the papers, and he looked at them.

"The Irwin family? They're son Ashton is in that band 5 minutes of spring or something, my daughter loves them. Your a lucky girl" he said smiling.

He opened a drawer with a files and pulled one out. He opened it up and sorted the papers on his desk. The man handed me a couple papers.

I looked at it and it had address's and phone numbers and social security stuff.

"You can call if you want" he said pushing the phone closer to me. I picked up the phone shakily because I was gonna talk to my birth mother for the first time.

I picked up the phone and typed each number carefully. It started ringing. I felt Tris rub my back and pat my shoulder.

She picked up the phone and I got more butterflies in my stomach
"Hello?" She asked.
"Hi my name is Amber and I-I'm your daughter" I told her. I hope she doesn't think I'm a fan.

"I think you have the wrong number, I'm sorry, my daughter is Lauren, and she is sitting right here next to me" She said and I felt shot down. She would never believe me.

"Actually 18 years ago, you gave me up at the adoption centre in downtown Sydney, my name is Amber,  I swear I'm your daughter, I would never lie to you" I told her. I heard her talk to someone in the background.

"Okay, I'll meet you, where would you like to meet?" She asked politely. I smiled a bit.

"The agency where you put me up for adoption, if that's okay with you, room 243?" I asked.

"I'm fine with that, I'll see you soon, bye" she said.

"Okay, good bye" I said and we hung up.

"So what did she say?" Tris asked.

"She said she is coming here and is gonna be here soon" I said.

About 20 minutes later there was knock at the door. The guy I'm pretty sure that his name is Greg, opened the door and welcomed her in. She came in and I stood up.

"Mom?" I asked
"Amber?" She asked

She walked in slowly and but her bag on the couch. She walked up to me, but me being taller because of my heeled boots.

"I'm so sorry I ever gave you up! Your beautiful! Look at you!" She said happily smiling putting her hands up to my cheeks. She gave me a huge hug, and we sat down on the couch. She pulled out her phone and turned it on for me to see. Her lockscreen was a picture of Ashton, Lauren, and Harry sitting together.

"Here I can give you your siblings numbers, and just so you know none of them,  know about you but we can all go to dinner if you want to meet the family. But uh" She said stopping her sentence.

"The reason I put you up for adoption was because your father left when you were a baby and we couldn't keep you so Ashton had to become the man of he family. So at dinner it's just gonna be me, Harry your younger brother who is 9, Lauren your sister who is 13, and Ashton who is 20." She said.

"Ok" I said taking it all in. I had a 3 siblings. Wow. I'm used to living as a single child, and now I have many siblings.

"Oh and can I see your phone? I'll put in their numbers and you can call Ashton and tell him" She said. I handed her my phone and she typed away.

"Hey Amber I gotta go do you think I can take your car home and drop it off at your house? And can you ride with your mom?" Tris asked me from across the room. I looked over at her.

"Yeah that's fine with me, what about you?" I asked my mom.

"Totally ok, drive safe sweetie, what's your name? Tris?" My mom asked

"Yeah like Divergent" She said. She left and I got to catch up with my mom.

*

We were driving to dinner and I was excited and nervous. Ashton drove Lauren and Harry so it was just me and my mom.

When we finally made it to the restaurant and I was anxious to get inside. We parked the car and got out. We walked in and saw Ashton at a table with 2 other kids which were Harry and Lauren.

We sat down and I was next to Lauren and across Ashton.

"Uh Hello? How may we help you?" Ashton asked. I looked at mum, and she sighed.

"Guys, I never told you guys this, but before you two were born and Ashton was about 2 years old, and your father was still with us, I got pregnant again, but your father and I had a falling through, and I had your sister, not you Lauren, but I had Amber." She pointed to me.

"And since your father wasn't with us, I decided to keep you Ashton because you were my first born, but I couldn't keep both of you, so I put Amber up for adoption, then your father came backs a few years later and I had Lauren and Harry. I was thinking about getting Amber back but it was too late. Then your father left again, and this time for good. I'm so sorry I hadn't said anything before, I hope you aren't mad" she said and I looked at Ashton who had a few tears slip down his face.

"Amber, I didn't know about you at all, but now that I do, I know you haven't really met your real family, and now I know your a part of our, I couldn't be happier, I will be the best biggest brother to you, forever" he said making a few tears slip down my face.

He stood up and stuck his hand out gesturing for me to take it. I did and he pulled me up from my seat. He pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back

"Welcome to our family Amber" Ashton mumbled into my shoulder in our tight hug. I have found my real family. I have found my family.

⇣⇣⇣⇣

So this chapter probably sucks but please vote and comment.

AND

QOTD: Is this book in your library?

Love you all my little cupcakes! Xx