Eyeliner - Harry & Evie

"Harry! It's good to see you," Evie greeted, a large smile on her face as she gazed at the boy entering the room that Evie had in Mal's castle. Harry shuffled in somewhat awkwardly, but smiled and offered a little wave nonetheless.

"Hey, gorgeous face," Harry addressed her, and Evie looked down at the makeup that she had sat out on the vanity.

"Alright, so I've got everything we need for today. I've even brought out some waterproof makeup for you to take with you when you leave so you can be on the ship in that humid air without your guyliner running everywhere," Evie explained, pointing at the different containers of eyeliner as she fully entered her zone.

Makeup was most certainly her thing, and although she was quite surprised to find a fellowship in the area with Harry Hook of all people, she was more than willing to build that bond and teach him all that she knew. After all, his eyes could look quite the disaster when he jumped into the makeup.

"So what're we doin'?" Harry questioned, sitting in the seat that Evie had pulled up near the vanity so that her and Harry could share the mirror and work together in perfecting their looks.

"Well, I was thinking that I could show you how to perfect your eyeliner so you won't look like a raccoon, and we'll see where it goes from there," Evie explained with a slight shrug, and Harry suddenly furrowed his brow.

"Why's tha'? You said we were going to learn makeup tips from each other, right?" Harry questioned. Evie chuckled slightly, pointing at him.

"I said that I was going to help you with your makeup," Evie corrected, and Harry shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well, what if I think my way is jus' fine?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow skeptically, and Evie sighed slightly, tilting her head.

"You said that you wanted to learn from me," Evie expressed calmly, although she felt the slightest prickles of irritation in the back of her mind. He had indeed asked to learn from her, and she really did not understand why he was suddenly behaving so difficultly.

"I did, until ye started insultin' me techniques," Harry proclaimed, almost seeming offended. However, there was a strange sparkle in his eyes as he spoke. But Evie knew how stubborn the boy could be and also was well-aware of the fact that he only truly would behave for Uma, so she shrugged her shoulders, holding her hands up in a placating gesture.

"Okay, I've got an idea to settle the entire thing," Evie presented, and Harry looked at her strangely, tilting his head a bit with his odd gaze. Evie took a breath, mentally collecting herself before she made the horrible proposition she had in mind.

"You do it my way, and I'll do it your way. Then you'll see how much better that my way is," Evie explained, and Harry nodded excitedly, dropping his difficult manner altogether in favor of his usual mischievousness.

"Tha' sounds like a really good idea!!!" Harry replied with a wide grin, and Evie sighed a little, already dreading this as she readied the eyeliner.

"Okay, so you're going to want to start with thin lines along the edge of your eyelids," Evie started, offering him eyeliner, and he smiled with that wild look in his shining blue eyes.

"Alright. An' what yer gonna start with is by putting a large amount all over your eyelids," Harry told her with a positively impish tone, and Evie groaned, complying with his instructions somewhat begrudgingly. She was actually strongly beginning to regret her idea. But she supposed that if it helped him see the light about well-applied makeup, then it was ultimately worth it.

After around fifteen minutes of each of them perfecting their looks and giving one another tips about the method, Mal and Uma suddenly came in.

"Hey, E," Mal warmly addressed her sister as she headed for Evie's bed nearby. Uma followed along behind her.

"Harry-Barry," Uma greeted shortly, but everyone could hear the fondness in her tone. Evie and Harry worked quickly through the last bit of their makeup, silent as mice as they busied along.

"Umm... Can we see what you did to Harry?" Mal questioned, and Evie looked at Harry, noting how absolutely perfect the eyeliner looked upon him. She nodded slightly in reply to his questioning gaze, and they both turned around at the same time to show Uma and Mal.

The two girls just gaped at them for a long moment, completely shocked at the transition.

"Harry! She made you look all girly!" Uma proclaimed suddenly, and Mal shook her head.

"Never mind that!!! What happened to Evie?!" Mal cried, looking between Uma and Evie. Uma shook her head slowly, not having any idea what to say about this situation.

"I made Harry a deal. I said that if he tried out my makeup way, then I would try his," Evie explained herself, and Mal just gaped at her cluelessly.

"Why in the world would you do that?!" Mal questioned, completely dumbfounded at the very sight of Evie's face. Evie sighed heavily, trying desperately to keep even the slightest hints of aggravation out of her voice.

"Well, because he didn't like my way of doing makeup," Evie told her best friend. There was a beat of silence, and Uma suddenly started to laugh quietly. Evie and Mal both looked at her strangely and Uma grinned at Harry, waving a finger at him.

"Well-played, Hook," Uma spoke, and Evie furrowed her brow at Harry who was now smiling wildly. He cleared his throat, readying his voice to explain.

"You see, Evie," he paused, trying to collect himself before meeting Evie's warm mocha eyes with his own piercing blue ones. "I liked yer way the whole time. I jus' wanted ta see if I could trick ye into smudgin' eyeliner all over yer eyes," Harry giggled gleefully, and Evie narrowed her eyes, her movement strongly accentuated by the makeup smudged all around them.

"What?" Evie spat.

Uma then burst into laughter, and Harry fell into giggles as well, looking rather proud of himself. Mal was barely holding in her mirth as well. Evie just glared for a long moment before turning and starting to wipe furiously at her face.

Needless to say, she would not be falling for Harry's tricks anymore.

Thank you to @GeneralPenguini4213 for the ask!!! This is only the second time that I've ever written Harry and Evie as friends (I've written a couple of romantic Hevie oneshots, lol), so I hope this was good! 😊💖 Also, we have some Uma and Audrey friendship ones coming up, so I hope y'all are ready for those. 😉

Please let me know what you guys thought of this one!!! 🥰