Chapter Two

"I'll watch the kids, go on, go and grab a drink" Jamie told me with a dramatised wink and an overly loud laugh. I thanked him before taking hold of Damon's hand and leading him out of the dressing room.

I only took a few steps down the corridor, just enough so we were out of the eye line of the children, before I turned around and wrapped my arms around Damon's neck, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I missed you" I whispered to him, an involuntary smile appearing on my face as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him.

"I missed you too, it's horrible being away from you all" He told me, his breath hot against the side of my face.

"Got room for four more for the rest of the tour?" I asked him, a small laugh escaping my lips as I did so. He pulled away from me, holding onto my shoulders at arms length as he stared intently at me.

"Really?" He asked, a grin starting to grow on his face, I nodded my head, my own smile matching his. "What about their school?" He asked me, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I doubt they're learning anything that important" I told him laughing, Missy was in year one and Fox was in reception, so I'm sure a few weeks off wouldn't harm them "Besides, I thought that was why we agreed on private, they were more lenient with time off"

"You're really staying with me?" He asked once more. I took hold of his face in my hands and nodded my head.

"On one condition, you've got to phone their school up and tell them"

I kept a copy of the tour schedule stuck on the fridge at home, but I had completely forgotten that he had a day off on Monday and Tuesday. This meant that we could all spend the evening at home together and pack enough clothing to last us for the month we'd be on tour for. In hindsight, those days off meant that our galavant to Manchester was rather unnecessary as Damon was coming home on the Monday, but seeing him a few days early had made all the difference.

"Daddy, what songs are you doing tonight?" Fox asked him, drawing my attention to their conversation. Fox was sat on the floor by his feet, Missy was sat next to Damon and had her head resting on his arm and he had Primrose sat on his lap, his arm placed protectively around her.

"Are you doing the one about shoes?" Fox asked him, before he had the chance to respond to his first question. I laughed loudly, here we go again.

"And monkeys" Primrose shouted, clapping her hands in excitement. Damon looked across at me and frowned, which just made me laugh further, I wasn't going to tell him what song they wanted.

"We're doing feel good" He told them aimlessly, trying to gloss over the fact he had no idea what they were talking about. Primrose's lips immediately started to wobble as they formed a pout.

"Don't like that one!" She shouted at him, raising her arm up and hitting his shoulder. I really should be telling her off, but instead I was stifling a laugh. There was really something quite funny about Damon wincing after being hit by his three year old daughter.

"I want monkeys!" She shouted, her face screwed up and her arms folded across her chest, I knew she was on the verge of just screaming.

"I don't know what song you mean darling" He sighed, I could almost see the cogs turning in his head as he tried to think of a song he had written about monkeys.

"This one Daddy!" Fox muttered, rolling his eyes before standing up and placing his hands on his hips as he tried to sing 19-200.

Damon's face cracked into a huge smile as he realised what song they were talking about. Having people all over the world enjoy your music was really something, but nothing could beat the feeling of your children enjoying your music.