Page 17 - 'Beautiful'

Carmen's POV

By the time Friday rolled around, I hadn't seen or heard from Lorenzo, considering he was supposed to taking me to some sort of ball, I thought this was pretty weird. After school, Christina and I made our way to the mall to find myself a dress, though, I had no clue what you wear to these things and I couldn't exactly ask Lorenzo as it would make me look like a moron, so I just picked something elegant enough to impress the potential criminals that would be turning up to the ball. I had to tell Christina that I was attending a family reunion as we went to shop for a dress, she found this suspicious as I only have my Nan and Grandad on my mums side and I don't know of any relatives on my fathers side as I didn't actually know much about him.

I couldn't hide the fact I was nervous to attend this ball, criminals would be there and I don't exactly fit into that category, as I have never actually done anything dangerous before. Not only would there be criminals, I'd be attending the ball with Lorenzo, the guy who has given me mixed signals about what we are ever since I met him and despite that I think he might be the guy who I think I might be falling for.

The next morning after I had picked up my dress, I still hadn't heard anything from Lorenzo and I was starting to get worried. Had he seriously stood me up? I kept overthinking about why he hadn't spoke to me since he asked me to the ball or why he hadn't even turned up to school. My thinking was interrupted when my phone vibrated and a notification from a private number popped up onto the screen.

Private number: You ready for tomorrow then?

Carmen: Uhm, who's this?

Private number: Forgotten me already, I've only been gone a few days.

I had to think for a second before realising who it was and replying, How the fuck did he get my number?

Carmen: Lorenzo? how did you get my number?

Lorenzo: I have my connections ;)

I rolled my eyes at his comment before I put my phone down on the bedside table and picked up the dress from the corner of my room and hung it up in my wardrobe ready for tomorrow.

Now Lorenzo has finally decided to contact me, butterflies swarmed in my belly as I was becoming more nervous for tomorrow, however, I couldn't help but feel a little excited as I could just be overthinking the whole thing, the ball might not even be that bad, who knows, it might even be fun.

The rest of the day went slower than usual, I was trying to keep myself occupied instead of thinking about tomorrow, but I was just becoming more on edge, overthinking everything, so I just decided to try and get an early night so tomorrow would come around sooner then I could just get it over with.

Once Sunday came, I felt sick to my stomach, I didn't know what was going to happen tonight and I was contemplating to just not turn up but then I remembered that Lorenzo would be picking me up so I couldn't really get out of the situation I was currently in.

Christina came round to help me get ready and I told her that she would have to leave before 3, just to give me enough time to make sure she doesn't see Lorenzo picking me up as I know that there would be an argument between her and I about me lying to her, which I did not want to happen seeing as I've already lost one of friends and I don't need to lose another.

My dirty blonde hair was loosely curled and my makeup was subtle. Christina had applied a small amount of black eyeshadow and it was topped with some gold glitter which fitted with my dress. The dress was black and elegant, it flowed down to my ankles and complimented every curve of my body and I have to admit, it was beautiful. Finally, I finished my outfit with some high heels which made me look two times taller than I really was, though, I am sure I would still look tiny next to Lorenzo.

I looked in the mirror once Christina had finished and I barely recognised myself, I mouth open wide from shock and I had no words

"You look stunning" Christina gushed.

"Thank you" I squeaked, unsure of how to reply as I was still eyeing myself in the mirror.

Once Christina and I stared at myself for a bit longer, Christina soon left and I sighed from relief as I knew she wouldn't see me drive off Lorenzo as he hadn't turned up yet.

I was chewing my nail polish off from the anxiousness I was feeling, I wasn't very patient waiting for Lorenzo, I would quickly look out the window every time I heard a car go by the house or hear someone walking along the pavement.

I was becoming a wreck and now I couldn't tell whether it was from finally being able to see Lorenzo again or attending a ball full of gangsters and criminals. It was probably a bit of both.

I finally heard a car horn coming from outside and when I looked out it was exactly who I wanted it to be, Lorenzo's black car pulled up to the side of the road, he then stepped out and straightened his collar while doing so.

I became giddy from seeing his face, and soon the nervousness faded, but it was still there however, I tried to ignore it as I made my way towards the front door.

Once I opened the door my mouth fell open, like it did when I looked in the mirror earlier on that day, Lorenzo was wearing a white t-shirt covered by a black formal jacket, his muscles were still visible though, even when he was layered up. He wore black trousers and his hair was slicked back, he looked gorgeous.

His reaction to my outfit was the exact same reaction I had to his, he gawked at my dress, then to the curves of my body, I could feel my cheeks heating up from his eye contact but he didn't seem to care as he kept checking my outfit out

His reaction to my outfit was the exact same reaction I had to his, he gawked at my dress, then to the curves of my body, I could feel my cheeks heating up from his eye contact but he didn't seem to care as he kept checking my outfit out. We both stood there, mouths both wide open staring at each other, when you think about it, we both probably looked crazy but I wasn't thinking about that now as I couldn't actually bring myself to say anything to him and he couldn't bring himself to say anything to me.

After a few more moments of us taking in each other's looks, Lorenzo cleared his throat before he made the first comment of the night.

"Beautiful."

Sorry for the late updates! I'll be trying to update more, might be doing a Lorenzo POV the next few pages so stay active ;)