14. Not How I Thought

After putting my bag on the bed, I walk out again. I meet Satan in the hallway, deciding on calling him Satan and not the father because I know I'll get distracted from my mission if I do.

"What is your name?" I ask because calling him Satan seems somehow wrong. It feels too formal. Being set on not calling him father, so that's out of the question.

"Lucifer. But I bet you already knew that when I said it. I would like it if you could call me father thought. Come here."

He leads me out of the house, and we walk a little away from the house.

"Get your arms up and for now just focus on letting the power inside of you out. Try to focus on where you want it to hit, and for it to only come out of your hands for example." I try to do as he says but the streams of energy radiating from my hands, end up all over the place, and the times I didn't manage to get them to come out of only my hands it was like I shot out random energy waves all around me.

After not more than what I assume was an hour, I collapse on the ground exhausted.

"You must build up your strength. Your body will collapse because it can't take the power if you keep this up. Your body is partly human after all. Besides, you still got ninety percent of your power locked inside of that sword of yours. I would release it if I were you." He smiles and disappears inside the house. Right, but if I get even more of my powers back, I'll be sure to lose control and go out on a rampage.

His words are stuck in my head. My body is human after all, so at some point when my power gets big enough, I must move down to hell or else I'll die? Maybe that's what makes me special because of my human side I can go between hell and earth as I please? I think about that for a moment before getting up. I wonder where he went?

I look through the house but end up getting lost in the hallways once again. "Come on, not again." I sight and sit down against the wall. I've never been good with directions. I used to get lost a lot as I child.

"There you are. Why are you sitting here in the middle of the hallway?" I look up to see Lucifer looking down at me. "In this house, I get lost all the time. It's so big and confusing. Besides, I've never been good with orientation and directions." He smiles.

"You'll get used to it, trust me." He takes out his hand to help me stand up, but I shove It away and get up on my own. Remembering how his hands were so warm the last time not making me want to hold onto it.

"Why were your hand so warm before by the way? Like out of this world warm?" I look at him in confusion.

"I'm the ruler of hell, what do you think? I'm always warm, and hell is never cold. But if I get angry, my anger can make the room super cold. Like in a snowstorm or something. Normally I'm like this. Warm, but I guess you felt like I would burn off your skin before, right? That's because your somewhat human and not being able to handle heat like me is one flaw."

He smiles kindly at me and when I look at him, I can't understand where all the stories about him being dangerous and that we all must be careful around him. He's nice. Or maybe that is just because I am his daughter? This whole act or whatever it is that makes me confused. I don't know if I'll be able to kill him. Not when he' so kind towards me. Dammit, why do I have to be so soft-hearted?

"May I ask you about something?" he turns around and looks at me. "Of course, everything for you." He smiles and walks up to me. I step back so I don't have to crane my neck to look at him.

"What is it?" he smiles at me and I take a deep breath. Trying to calm down because he is making me nervous. "Why is it that everyone says that you are a monster and that you cause trouble and pain. That you are mean and evil itself? It confused me because that is not the impression that I'm getting from you. Are you just being kind to me because I'm your daughter?" I can see the surprise on his face. He probably didn't expect me to ask about that.

He closes his eyes a little bit before opening them again. When he does his eyes are red and as if on cue his body goes up in flames as burnt skin shows everywhere on his body and big wings are shown behind him. The wings don't have feathers on them, they're just like burnt skin. I walk two back, afraid he'll hurt me even though he said before he never would. How stupid of me to trust Lucifer either way.

"It might be because of this. My natural form. Seeing as I once was an angel, and there is still some good left in me from that time. Even though it feels so long ago. I mean it must have been several millenniums ago." His words hurt me more than I thought they would. He seemed somewhat vulnerable and hurt. "How old are you?" I ask, curiosity taking over.

"Several billion years my dear." He says calmly. The weight of his words slowly sinking in.

"It's sad to know what you've been thought but I may have thought you would have turned good over the years. I mean angels are supposed to be good, aren't they? Several demons have tried to find me and cut off a finger or poked out an eyeball because they wanted to show you that they had found me. Did you ordered them to do that?" my question takes him by surprise, I can easily tell. It hurts me if he says yes. Believing that it would be okay for me to experience having a cut-off finger or a poked-out eyeball.

"I would never ask anyone to hurt you. Who was it?" anger taking over him as I see flames in his eyes just before he catches fire himself.

"I don't know. Just some big man with a tail." I laugh a little at the thought. I would never think of having a conversation like this with someone like him. This is so out of my world. It would have been a perfect dream if I could just have woken up now.

"I'll take care of it. I don't want you to stay here if you don't want to. I'll make a portal in your room so that if you want to go back, I understand." He says and, in a flash, he has taken off. After a lot of walking, I finally find my way back to my room and I throw myself onto the bed. I see the portal he was talking about. I want to tell Mats and Andrew what I've learned and what I think, but my kind keeps telling me not to leave, but I love Andrew and Mats a lot more than Lucifer. Which is why I find some paper and I pen.

Lucifer

I'm sorry for leaving but there is something I need to know. I'll be back. I won't be gone for too long. If I'm not back by tomorrow, you can come or send someone to look for me. Don't worry I can take care of myself. Realizing you would never hurt me and telling me several times that you would do anything for me, I have a request. I'll stay in hell with you if you promise to never let a demon get to earth ever again.

I put the note on my bed and grab the sword holding my powers and walk through the portal.