23. Sheded Tears And Friendship

"Mhm..." Andrew opens his eyes.

"Andrew?" he looks at me in confusion. "Elaine? Where am I?" I smile at him. "You are at Lucifer's house. It's safe for you to be here for a little while longer. At least until the spell goes wears out." I say and he sits up, looking a little lost. Like he's trying to comprehend what I'm saying.

"What happened?" he looks at me again, confused. "You kissed me, and you passed out. I asked Lucifer to do something to save you and he did. I told you he would do anything. Even bringing a human exorcist into his home to help him by my word." He looks at me in surprise.

"Satan saved me?" he looks at me like I'm crazy. Probably having trouble grasping what happened, something I don't blame him for doing. I would have done the same anyway.

"Yeah. I care about you." I smile at him. "Why do you say Lucifer and not father? It's fine I just find it, strange." my smile fades. I think about it for a moment. Will I ever be able to call him father or does the grudge go too deep?

"Elaine?" I shake the thought away and look at him. "Sorry. I don't call him father because I'm not used to having him around, I guess. It'll come eventually, besides, it just feels wrong if I say it anyway. I don't see it as a disadvantage. I'm grateful for the thighs he does for me, like saving you for example. It's just that I can't look past all the bad things either. He's Satan for a reason." I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Lucifer standing by the door.

"You're awake." He looks at Andrew. "Yeah, thanks for saving my life." I look at Lucifer and I see that Andrew's words made him surprised. He picks himself up quickly, but I saw it nevertheless. He enjoyed doing something good, even if he'll never admit it to himself or others.

"Don't mention it, I did it for my daughter anyway. You should be able to walk and do normal things now. You can stay a few more hours but then I highly recommend that you go home. Your father is waiting for you and if you don't go home soon, the air will kill you and this will all be in vain." His voice colder than normal, as he turns around and walks out of the room.

"Why did you have to put it like that?" I ask him before he closes the door. A little angry at his words.

"Because humans are a pain in the ass." I look disappointed at him. "I thought you had changed." I turn around. Feeling the room suddenly drop colder I turn around just in time to see him in his demon form launching at me. He pins me up against the wall harshly.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that? When I think about it, I've other demons much more reliable than you."

He backs off and walks away. I sink to the floor. Hurt. I don't know why that hurt me so much. It's not like I saw him as my real father anyway. Stupid feelings.

"You okay?" I hear Andrew's voice, but my vision is too blurry from the tears that are threatening to fall, so I don't see him clearly. I just know that he's crunched down on the floor opposite of me.

"How long have you been there?" he looks at me. Oh, he was here all along. Dammit, I don't want him to see me like this. I've shed enough tears in front of him already.

"Long enough." He pauses. "Why don't you come home for a while? I don't care about what Mats say. You're always welcome at our house. I won't let Mats throw you out." I nod.

"Can I help you up now?" I nod and he takes both of my hands and drags me back up at my feet.

"Why are you so cold?" I shrug my shoulders. I don't know, I don't feel cold. I lead him out to the hallway and into my room, where the portal is. I guess Lucifer forgot to close it.

I take his hand and walk through it.